Tent size

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Trevdog420, Nov 18, 2017.

1. I'm about to start growing and I'm looking at getting a platinum led p9 xml2 for flowering in a 5 x 5 tent. And a platinum led p600 for vegging. But im not sure if it would be better to get another 5 x 5 tent for veg or to get a rectangular tent since the light is rectangular. First time posting. Thanks in advance for any help :)

2. Those Quantum Boards are pretty awesome lights. You should look into those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I wouldnt go for such a spendy light 1st time around due to your learning curve you most likely wont yeild in excess to your overhead cost. Quantum boards would be a cheaper route and they seem to have great results. Also you wont need two lights unless your running a veg tent in addition to flower. You could go the cheaper yeild packing way and just grab an 1000w xl cool tube reflector with a 6 inch inline fan if you have a place to dump heat. Hid lights tend to have excellent yeild vs initial price. Good 1000w hid setup with inline and carbon filter will only run you about 275$ most will come with your timers hangers and bulbs. Plus most ballasts are dimmable so you can just dimm it down to 600 watts in veg and 1000 or 1100 in flower. Id run 24hrs at 600 in veg or higher if heat is managed all day without slow rise of temps. I run my tents all the way up to 86° max measured from ceiling probes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Quantum boards, pretty insane technology. And can be built fairly inexpensively. Just built this 8 panel to fit over my 32in by 5 foot scrog net $400. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  5. I plan on running a veg tent and flower tent. And i have the funds to buy quality lights and would rather get the quality stuff now instead of buy something cheap and then get the expensive stuff later as i plan to get a caregiver license and grow medical bud. If i dont get a big yeild on my first grow i wont be too upset. Its a trial and error thing and i am willing to take the time to learn

6. I switched from growing with platinum leds to HLG quantum fixtures and my yield increased by 50%. The HLG lights are higher output and 50%-70% cheaper to outfit the same size bloom area. Much cheaper if you DIY with qb120's like posted earlier. IMG_0684.JPG

This is a platinum p900 next to a qb260 HLG fixture. The platinum is 515 watts and the quantum is 270 watts approx.

Horticulture Lighting Group

These are quality lights. What leds does platinum use?

7. The thing about it is the more equipment you have the less o shit i need something doesnt happen. Ive got 5 hoods 9 bulbs 2 tents about to add 1 more 3 exhaust fans 3 ballasts more pots wires hangers ect... Duct tape. Ducting ts elbows ect. Some id run quantum boards hlg preassembled or cmh true 315 lecs with two diff spectrums. You gotta learn what you need according to how u grow which for you well really your only guessing it better to spend cheap and be good then spend more yeild less and be all like aww damn i got burned for a 1300$ crap led. Quantums about the best new led you can go for but still my hps bulb i can put up against almost any equivalent watt draw.

• Like Like x 1