tent lighting

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by NRevahs, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Greetings

I have a 3x3x7 tent. What's the best way to light this bad boy? LED, CFL... I'm open to any suggestions.
    Looking to grow 2-3 plants.

Thank you.

2. What is your budget ?

3. around 250

4. You will need about 300 watts LED for the tent
    start with something like this
    FRAMEWORK - Page 1 - Timber Grow Lights

You can get your cost to about $1 a watt if you go DIY, but if you are not into that then just start with the money you have and add more later.

5. You can buy 2 mars 300 watt leds for that one for each plant

• Like Like x 1
  6. I was looking at a few of those, I found one on sale for half cost! It says true watt is only 132watt. So would I have to get 2 or 3?

LINK:

7. One per plant should do good

8. I have 2 1200s for just one plant in a room a little bigger than yours but my plants 4 feet tall and 41/2 feet wide lol

9. If you want to go the led route, I have heard decent things with the mars. With the 300 , You could order 4 and still be under budget. That would be 500+watts at the wall. That would over be 50w/sqf.

10. What if I were to just buy two lights for two plants but then I would top these plants to get them bushy- would that be a suitable set up?

Much thanks

11. Well, you could go 1 per plant. But if they get bushy & wide, the more light the better. Thought with a 250 budget, 4 would be great. Only use 2 in veg, and then use the other 2 during flower when they get big. But I have seen many nice harvests with only 2 in a tent. I use a t5 during veg and am hps for flower. Leds run cooler temps.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I think I'll start with two and if things go decent I'll get another pair and do what you recommended. Thanks y'all!

• Like Like x 1