Tent Exhaust / Intake Question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by RustyRuckus, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Right now I have my tent in the basement. I wondering where do I exhaust it to.

As of now my tent just exhausts into the same room and then draws in from that room. The room is just a big open room, probably 12x20ft or something. (It's unused). There's also a laundry room that connects through an open short hall way and there's no doors between either of those rooms so they are all connected. The furnace (it is in the laundry room) also runs and kinda of circulates air as there's multiple vents in the ceiling in that room.

I've been worrying it will start to smell as the grow progresses, even with using a carbon filter or that my plants won't get enough fresh air. Is that a correct assumption?

I was thinking I could exhaust out of one of the basement windows. (For smell reasons). Would it also help circulate the air? I assume it would just make a vacuum of the rest of the house, constantly drawing air from everywhere else in the house. I don't really like the idea of having to also have an intake fan in the basement for outside air since it will be super hot and humid in the summer and freezing in the winter. How do you guys stop from spending tons of money on AC for your house while constantly exhausting all the air outdoors?

2. I also grow in my basement. I draw my air w negative pressure through the tent and I exhaust out of a crawl space window. I have no issues. My temps are at 70 in winter and around 77 in summer. As long as you have a good exhaust fan and filter, u should b ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. So you're saying you also exhaust outside and just draw passively from the rest of your house?

4. Yes. If you are having heat problems, you might want to rethink it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. You're going to be fine. What you need is airflow, and you've got it.

You wont' have any problems with the air. Or your plants, as long as you make sure humidity levels and temperature are in good ranges.