Tennessee Next to Legalize Medical Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by The Green Toker, Aug 10, 2011.

1. There is also a law currently in commitee that would change penalties for possesion of small amounts to a ticket only offense. Guys, if you really want to see things change, email your representative.

HB 1737 - SB1597

Find your representatives here:

Legislators - TN General Assembly

I emailed both of mine in regards to this law, and one replied with an auto response and the other seemed very receptative, and agreed that we need to rethink the war on marijuana.

2. NC may have medical mj first but i bet TN would be first to legalize all drugs.. and secede maybe.. maybe western nc would join and become tn.. boone, asheville, etc

3. Hopefully in 10 years it'll be 25 states then we shall take over the country and next the world :smoking:?

4. i live in the big Tenn and yea its been in discusion in the capitol for close to 2 years now. slow progress is still progress

5. yea its bullshit that a half OZ is considered a felony here yet 5 min from my house i can be in franklin kentucky and a half POUND is still a misdeameanor? baffles the mind:confused:

6. My profession has required me to be more politically active and meet and greet local and state politicians here in NC and I'm sorry to say that you are absolutely right. Good ole boy network is strong here and it all comes down to who can pay me the most for my vote.

I actually had a state senator tell me directly to my face that if my profession wanted a legislation to go in their favor that they had better pay up. I was just.....:eek: that he would actually say that. I knew it was so because of my dealings with the scum bag prior to this, but I was still stunned he would come right out and say it to me.

7. My general practitioner actually just semi-jokingly/semi-serious told me the other day that if medical marijuana was legal in TN she would prescribe it to me for a constant pain issue I have.

Maybe with a miracle she'll be able to write that prescription in the not too distant future :D

8. my friend who lives in tenn has really bad fibro and is thinking of moving to a medical state... i hope they legalize it for her !

9. I live in KY and I'm about 20 minutes away from the TN border, and I have family in TN. I never really cared for the state much (I lived there a little while).. But if they get this, my ass is moving.

10. C'mon TN!

Do something right!

11. It would be cool but... All my ex's live in Texas...

12. Good Luck TN.
    I live in OH. and I hope we pass next year. What others have said is true. Whoever gives the most money is the way the vote will be cast.
    They work for us? Bullshit!!!

13. I hope so, i also hope Obama doesn't sue them for trying just like he did to California.

14. I thought that the bill that they were working on had died out, according to Mpp nothing else has happened and on Tennessee's gov website there was no indication of it getting anywhere. So is this a recent development ? I would like to know. I have a couple of medical conditions that may qualify me for getting Cannabis for medical.

15. This would make my life sooooooo much fucking better

16. Hhmmmm , at least someone "gets" the broader issue. Speaking within the context
    of the Golden state , it's about STATES RIGHTS and the *will of the people*.

And all across the land enforcement agencies will continue to sing the same tune as cited within the above *because their operational budgets and appropriations funding
    comes in a great deal from the feds* , without that funding they don't get to run around
    the mountains in their helicopters and indulge their ninja worrior fantasies with all
    the expensive toys.

Furthermore m outright prevarication has become the order of the day by enforcement agencies across the land , from the Texas officer speaking as media liason after a Texas bust of a hydroponics grow and stating *on camera* that " This is a super powerful form of marijuana and is worth six thousand dollars an ounce" , to Calif where when the enforcement agencies , with the exception of the county agencies within
    the Emerald Triangle , seem prone to weighing the damn root ball along with the plant
    when they make a pop , nothing else explains the drastically over inflated valuations
    of their seizures , the higher the valuation the more they'll draw in funding from the feds.

It's a vicious circle and it *WILL* continue to get worse as the feds exert increasing
    pressure on the states that hace passed medical marijuana.

And quite frankly ( and utterly and completely inargueably) if they shut down the
    Emerald Triangle then three quarters of Humboldt ,Mendocino and Trinity counties
    will either starve to death or be on the public dole. These counties survive economically
    due to the green trade.

The Feds have become nothing more than "Cartman From Mordor On The Potomac"
    You WILL respct my AutHorItaE............

It has become readily apparent that Orwell was quite correct , he just missed the actual date.

17. Exactly. BY THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE. It doesn't exist anymore. You get as much legislation as you can purchase. Which of course fosters a syndrome of By The Rich For The Rich.

Consider this basic fact , the 400 wealthiest individuals in this country collectively have more money than the bottom HUNDRED MILLION citizens.

And they pay less in taxes. And it goes yet further , consider that G.E. has a 93 million
    dollar cash and shortterm investment asset pool , they paid out ZERO in taxes , ExxonMobil runs to twenty billion in profit a quarter , yet they paid NO taxes on that income.

How many working folks here paid NO taxes?

18. thats why i hang my hat in Tennesee.....:p

19. This would be nice since I might move there, everybody drinks moonshine down there so you'd think they'd drop the hypocriticism..

I do know a few people down there who are pro pot but it will for sure be a while until anything passes.

20. Not really man. Moonshine is easy to find if you know that right people but it really isn't that prevalent except with the older more backwoods crowds. Moonshine at one time was a major part of the economy don't get me wrong, but in the past 40 years marijuana has far outgrown it both in popular usage and as a cash crop throughout most of the Appalachian region.