Tennessee Legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Loonygoon, Jan 21, 2014.

1. who saw on the news we finally got some type of proposal for medicinal marijuana use, they said it wont be likely next year, anyone from middle Tennessee out here i know other than the laws it wont be much diffrent out here clarksville like the cali of the midsouth just good loud everywhere but u gotta search for that midget

2. I emailed Rep. Jones yesterday to see what she thought the chances were of her bill making it to the floor for a vote but she hasn't responded yet. The south only needs one state to get the ball rolling and right now it's between Florida, Georgia and Tennessee, but my money's on Florida.

3. The bible belt gotta love it, i have a feeling if not this year then next year some legislation will be brought up 

4. Doubt it'll happen. I follow norml and the tn norml. Looks like a solid handful of politicians here are against it.

5. And this isn't the first time Rep.Jones has put this proposal forward. We need to work to get that "solid handful" out of office.

6. #6 thebeaver50, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    I live an hour or so from the Tennessee state line at the base of the Appalachian Mountain's . i keep up with Tennessee , north Carolina/southcarolina, Virginia,west Virginia news and i am stumped as to who will actually have any kind of marijuana laws pass first among these bible belt states like this area .

If and when these southern states start passing laws i think we could all see some of the strictest yet .

in all honesty i think it would be easier to ask " How far is the federal government from legalizing marijuana" Because that's about what it would take to get most of these states to start rolling the ball already .

I could see the feds letting Obama come out on a Big podium and announce  " Its all over LET THE MARIJUANA FLOW LIKE WINE" the whole country would legalize and still a few of these bible belt states would hold out for years and not legalize like on same sex marriage .

7. #7 Bamboobam, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    South Carolina actually had medical marijuana legal since 82' but the budget was way too high at the time so they never did anything to actually start it off.... all they have to do is make a budget since it's already in the law books. Just find that interesting haha.

8. I can imagine states like Mississippi or Alabama being one of the very last.

9. Every states trying to get that money.
    Watch every state legalize within a year

10. #10 Storm Crow, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
    Articles about cannabis legalization are going to be in your local news!  Start commenting! People do read the comments and at least, some can be swayed by logical arguments!  

So what to say! :confused_2:  These may give you a few ideas-   :devious:

WebMD has come out with articles that can be useful. You can use the titles like this-

These are the titles of ten articles from WebMD- "Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's"; "Chemicals in Marijuana May Fight MRSA"; "Marijuana Chemical Fights Hardened Arteries"; "Marijuana Ingredients Slow Invasion by Cervical and Lung Cancer Cells"; "Marijuana's Active Ingredient Targets Deadly Brain Cancer"; "Marijuana May Fight Lung Tumors"; "Marijuana Ingredient May Cut Fibromyalgia Pain";  "Cannabis May Help Multiple Sclerosis"; "Pot-Based Drug Promising for Arthritis";  "Marijuana Smoking Doesn't Kill". Please take the time to educate yourself! Don't make an uninformed decision!

Or Alzheimer's is an "interesting" subject when it comes to cannabis! Using one of those WebMD articles-

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's      (news - 2006)
    http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/news/20061006/marijuana-may-slow-alzheimers

“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at DOUBLE the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.”

1 in every 8 women get breast cancer! (A TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE STATISTIC!)  This experiment was done with "triple negative" breast cancer cells and cannabidiol (CBD), the #2 compound in cannabis.

Pot compound seen as tool against cancer      (news – 2012)
    http://www.sfgate.com/health/article/Pot-compound-seen-as-tool-against-cancer-3875562.php#page-1

“When McAllister and Desprez exposed the cells to cannabidiol in a petri dish, the cells not only stopped acting "crazy" but they also started to revert to a normal state… The researchers stressed cannabidiol works only on cancer cells that have these high levels of ID-1 and these do not include all cancerous tumors but, rather, aggressive, metastatic cells. But they've found such high levels in leukemia, colorectal, pancreatic, lung, ovarian, brain and other cancers.”  

That article is based on-
    Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells.    
    (full - 2007)      http://mct.aacrjournals.org/content/6/11/2921.long       

“CBD represents the first nontoxic exogenous agent that can significantly decrease Id-1 expression in metastatic breast cancer cells leading to the down-regulation of tumor aggressiveness.”

CBD has been in the news a lot lately- run a search on- CBD Dravets.  It seems that the CBD that halts those aggressive cancer cells, also stops severe epilepsy!  CBD also slows many of the symptoms of diabetes (neuropathy, cardiopathy and retinopathy).

And let's get another big killer, while I'm at it! Heart attacks! Again, this is still in the first stages of research, but even still....

An ultra-low dose of tetrahydrocannabinol provides cardioprotection.    (abst – 2013) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23537701

"CONCLUSION: A single ultra low dose of THC before ischemia is a safe and effective treatment that reduces myocardial ischemic damage." 

The best way to convince folks is to show them the facts.  Use what I have provided, or dig up your own! All you have to do is get one person to change their mind about cannabis, and you have "won" and brought legalization one vote closer! :yay:

I comment in the new several times a week.  Your state or mine, I still try to educate, and win, that one mind a day! :hello:

Granny

11. Hi Granny!

I've already got your list bookmarked for quick reference. Still looking through it myself. That's a long list.

12. If you are talking about the List I have here at GC  :gc_rocks: , that's the old little List!   :laughing:  The new one is over twice that size!  Over 1000 pages of links, all nicely sorted for you to use!    

13. #13 Lowrider82, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
    GA is the same way. Although ours we have to create a committee first for a year before anything is done.

14. Well this is interesting.  The Tennessean has a poll going right now.  I just answered it and here are the results of of right now.  Right at 83% in favor of legalizing medical use out of over 5000 responses.

Off to make some more comments to the news articles!

Attached Files:

15. #15 moabfighter, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014
  16. thing is about Tennessee, a majority of young people and minorities aren't getting out there and voting, i would know filling both demographics, i pushed for support of that poll on my fb page and i have hundreds of smokers on my page but only 3 likes and 1 share, wtf people just aint giving a damn

17. [quote name="Loonygoon" post="19399061" timestamp="1390589787"]thing is about Tennessee, a majority of young people and minorities aren't getting out there and voting, i would know filling both demographics, i pushed for support of that poll on my fb page and i have hundreds of smokers on my page but only 3 likes and 1 share, wtf people just aint giving a damn[/quote]A lot of people are very careful about even giving the impression that they partake. At least I know that's how my demographic feels. Can't throw away a career by being too vocal and getting popped for a drug test. (About to turn 50 and retiring in a few years.)But I do what I can where I can. Lots more pieces in the news lately. That and channel 5 posts on Facebook. Been commenting on those and leaving Granny Storm Crow's list in the comments.

18. So how many of you are throwing, or going to, a small party of friends this weekend to watch the "Bud Bowl" in an "appropriate" fashion?   :smoke:  :smoking:  :bongin:   Hit the post office first and get some voter registration cards! Pass them out to everyone who isn't a registered voter! They can't vote for legalization if they aren't registered! :eek:  

And "good on you" to all who are actually working for legalization! :yay:

Granny

19. Not sure if this is accessible to everyone, but the discussion on this Channel 5 post is overwhelmingly positive.

20. Looking for bud in clarksville!!!
    Email javy.meraz@[member="gmail"].com

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum