Tempurature during night time

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TheTolkenToker, Sep 17, 2013.

1. I heard somewhere that lower temperatures during the dark period of a 12/12 flowering schedule helped with the growth of better buds with higher potency. Is this just some bs or is it true?

2. i'd also like to know the answer to this 

3. Yes it's true. Anything you can do to make your environment closer to a natural environment will help your plants grow better. That being said it can also be detrimental if you go too far. Lights on for me, temps hover between 76-80 degrees. Lights off, I let it go down to 68-70 except during the last week I'll let it go down to low 60's as I believe it makes the plants think falls here, winters coming so they produce more terpines.

Temps lower than that you risk dormancy and shock, same as with higher temps. The plants will usually live (unless its excessive either way) but will not grow as they should if at all.

4. thanks mate, appreciate it 

5. Thanks for that! I've been keeping my window open lately to make it feel more like fall (since it basically is here in new england) and now I know around what temperatures I should be shooting for.

6. Good advice above. I also let my grow go to 60' at night no lower 75' for the day. I have to use an airconditioner to reach those temps. Lower night time temps will also bring out the colors of your pot. If it's a purple variety, it will get real purple, ect.