Temps too damn high

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lenincat, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Hi Guys,

I bought myself a 600W lamp with an air cooled shade. It goes into a budbox XL and has air cooling coming from the surrounding room, into the box, over the lamp, out of the box and eventually out of the whole house to outside.

I've also got air intake coming from outside, and air exhaust pumping it ouside.

But my grow room is a whopping 36C (96.8F). Am I gonna kill them ?
    Ambient temperature outside at the moment is 31C so I guess thats why its so hot. Have been thinking about using Co2 as it should help with the temps, but does anyone know are they gonna die, and how can i possibly reduce the temperatures ? I already bought a larger exhaust fan, and then a larger intake fan.

thanks

2. From my findings. a lot of people say they leave it about 80 - 85 but in my view as long as its not over 100 you dont need to worry

3. 96 is way, way too high....temps in the mid to low 70's are best. I have the same problem in late summer around here when the ambient temps are in the 90's.... I have a 400 watt air cooled HPS and I cant use it....adding more or bigger fans wont help either because you just keep recirculating the same hot air.... I use fluorescents when outside temps are high and even then Im lucky to get the temp around 86....The high temps may not kill them but they wont grow worth a damn....I have heard CO2 helps in high temps but I havent tried it yet...if you could intake air from an air conditioned room in your house, that would work also.

4. for 1..i looked up your budbox xl on line....and that 6oow is way too much for that little box....is has(from what i saw)no vents...120cm=3ft 11in...get that 600w out and drop to a 400w...with no inline to remove hot air you're going to keep problems...shouldve gotten a better tent...400w will drop your temps though...good luck

5. thanks for the replies,

i was thinking to swap back down to the 400w i normally use at the start of
    flowering. It does have an inline cooling the 600w tho, but i think ill still put the 400w in bring on cold winters !

budbox had to be the one because my landlord likes to make surprise 24hrs notice inspections and its all that fits in my small box room.

6. Yeah best bet is wait till the cold weather and then figure out a nice setup for next summer. I was battling heat and its finally getting colder here and now I can use my 1000w in a stuffy closet no problem, but i do need to think of something for summer... GOOD LUCK

7. Get an air conditioner for your bedroom.

8. plants tend to stop with the photosynthesis at about 95F you might not kill them but you will not see much growth. I am not going to pretend that I know much about your setup but if I were you I would either A.take buddogmutt's advice and get a smaller light, or B. ac the shit out of the outside room so it is pulling cooler air into the tent. which will bring your temps down a bit.

9. no, you wont kill them. My plants are living fine in 100 - 110 degree heat.

10. what type of yield are you pulling off them?

11. don't know yet, hasn't started budding. Im sure though it would be way more if temps were ideal.

12. That hot! Damn, I always have problems when my temps get over 86 degrees, do you supplement with Co2?

13. nope, no C02 supplementation here.
    my plant is living pretty fine with these temperatures! sure it isn't ideal, and yes i know the yields will be less. But hey, it is working for me! My plant is a dark lush green. :D

14. yeah I start freaking out if my room hits 81degF

15. I had the same problem an all the heat stress harmied my plants. For that reason I don't do indoor during the summer. This was my first outdoor year an let me say it make me not want to come back to indoor this fall

16. pics or it did'nt happen. 100-110 that is way up there and borders on the lines of impossible.

17. This was my first outdoor year an let me say it make me not want to come back to indoor this fall[/QUOTE]

Man, indoor is the way to go..to much shit can happen outdoor, stuff you can't schedule or count on...growing indoors in the Summer is a bummer for me because of heat issues but the rest of the year is fine, I just build my stash up like a squirrel in winter and wait the summer out....I feel much more secure growing indoor, Ive had a few outdoor grows go missing and there is no more worse feeling.

18. clearly heat stress will occur in the 100's ( don't shun me :p )

:D

record temps in my room were 113+ :eek:
    this is my first and most certainly "ghetto" grow, my box will be much better second time around.

right now though; 102
    [​IMG]

19. well slap me in the mouth and call me suzy. from my own exp I did not think it was pos. at like 90 deg my plants damn near fall over. So now I have questions.

how much does your temp flux during the day?
    how long does your temp stay above 100?
    what are your low temps during lights on?
    what are you night time temps?
    do you live on the sun?

20. I agree man!! My box is also 2.5x2x3.11H and I'm runnin a 400w HPS wit intake fan and 1 extractor fan. My temps during the day is at 24-26 (depending on ambient air) and at nights 22-24 which works pretty well for me. Even a 250w could be an option.. How many plants you have? I would do 4 with 250 and 6 with 400w but its only my opinion..