Temps are high and humidity is low!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jacobm10, Aug 5, 2017.

1. I'm growing 2 autos in a PC grow box and my temps are around 81 and my RH is around 40%. The temp in my opinion is high because my mom keeps the air off in our apartment during the day and my room is the hottest. Any suggestions on how to lower temps and raise RH? I'm on a bit of a tight budget so cheap options are helpful! Also my plants are only about a week old.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Maybe a cup with ice will help with temp. Probably not radically however

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. 81 isn't a dangerous temp for most of these plants, though the Indicas take heat less well than sativas. And 40% relative humidity, if I'm not mistaken, is fine. If I remember correctly, it's what the suggested humidity level is for the plant. Any time you confine light to a small space, like the PC box, you're going to get heat. But as long as you keep it mid 80's and down, no worries. But the key to the indoor grow is light. More light gets you better plants and more weight at harvest. But with wattage, comes heat. So if you try to do much more, you'll definitely have to come out of the small setup and get yourself some space. The plants need space especially during flower, so light can penetrate the tops of the plant and develop out all the buds. But you'll figure that out in time. All a part of the learning curve. Happy growing! TWW

4. Unfortunately stealth is my #1 priority so taking them out of the grow box is not much of an option. What are your thoughts on me using LST to increase yields?

5. Low 80's are a fine temp, humidity when vegging should be around 50 to 60 percent. Low 45 when flowering, put a cup or bucket of water in grow area. That will bring the humidity up and get a spray bottle ph the water and spray them a few times a day. Good luck brother