Temperatures

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Deleted member 979967, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Hey guys so recently I've set my tent up in the U.K. And at night the temps go to 13.4.c at night with no lights on and the plants need 18 to be fine I was wondering how do I maintain a certain heat without spending hundreds. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Buy a ceramic space heater you can find small ones under 50 us dollars (according to google that should be like 40 pounds or whatever u call ur money lol)

3. Yes I can buy a heater lol but how would I make the heater go off at the certain temp if I leave it on all night won't the room be like 50 . C

4. I have an electric portable oil radiator which I've just wired a thermostat into.
    I have it on a timer and the thermostat on about 16•c

5. So it turns on When the room is 16.c ? Please teach me how to put a thermostat on it

6. When the room gets to over 16 it knocks itself off then comes back on when it drops below 15.
    Best get an electrician or someone who is competent to wire it in. Thermostat Only cost £13 from screwfix.

7. Ahh my grandad is a retired electrician I'll probably ask him and science we have the same size grow tent do you put yours in the room or in the tent because our tents are little af lmao

8. Wait that thermostat is to select a temp right ? So how will it turn the fan on and off ? When it wants

9. You have it on a different socket timer to the light and fan.
    When they go off set your other timer to come on.

10. I meant the heater not fan lol but still the same question applies

11. I know it isn't relevant to the post but since we've got the same size grow room what will you be doing to your plant ? Topping, scrog just so I can get a general idea

12. I may try some LST but that's about it. Not after a great sized yield so nothing too complexed.

13. Are you tying the bitches down or rolling in your fingers and snapping ?

14. I'm in Northern NY cold winters here, I had posted this same question and someone, I wish I could remember who suggested a chicken coop heater. I picked one up for $50.00 at local hardware store and it has done a really great job with maintaining temperature of 70 degrees, even on nights it has dipped below 32 degrees!