temperature question please help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by rockstar99, Nov 29, 2011.

1. hey guys my temp wont go down past 75 and my humidity is always at 75 percent or 80 percent i got a dehumidifier which is on 24 hrs a day ... i have it set at 60 percent but it wont wont go down... i think whats happening is when i water the plants a lot of coming out of the bottom of the buckets so its becoming a mess in there do you guys got any recomendations because i think the water thats just sitting there on the ground is causing it to become more humid and maybe even causing bugs.

2. What exactly are you asking? 75 is a great temp to keep your room at, mine stays around 78. Why not move your plant to somewhere where the water can drain from the pot when watering and clean up all of that standing water with a towel and scrub the floor with some 50:1 bleach water to kill any mold that your growing.

3. High humidity levels aren't bad for the plants, but they will attract bugs. I'm constantly fighting high RH as well. Maybe get a larger dehumidifier offa Craigslist, and make sure you are using a fan to circulate that humid air so you aren't producing mold. If it is possible, I'd put a hose on your dehumidifier and run it to a drain so you are actually getting the excess water out of the room.

4. You might want to try more than one humidifier, or a bigger one.

It's not necessarily bad to have humidity and a higher temp, but it can increase the risk of bugs and other pest things.