Temperature Monitoring

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Bent, Feb 1, 2019.

1. I've been worried because I'm close to harvest and the polar vortex has been hitting hard. I usually run a small A/C unit to keep the temperatures down (especially near harvest I like to lower my temps). I was concerned that when the lights are out, the room temperature would drop too low, so I decided to purchase a monitor.

I picked up a Sensorpush device with a gateway (around $150 for both). I'm quite impressed that now I can check on the temp and humidity in the room from anywhere at anytime. It also keep a record of samples and provides a graph of both temp and humidity. I'm quite pleased with the purchase and though others might be interested in monitoring their rooms or tents.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nice gotta link to both?

3. I'm using one as well and I really like it, and I plan on getting at least one more.

I am actually automating my entire environment with SensorPush, Tasker and TPLink wifi plugs. My exhaust and dehumidifier do their own thing now . Working good so far too. I will make a post about it one day once it's tested thoroughly.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kewl cant wait to see it

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. #7 Johnny Stash, Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    I think that's the only place they sell it. If you select Buy Sensors in the app it takes you to the Amazon link.
    I imagine with so many legal grows popping up, they will see a surge in sales.

There is also The Pulse if you guys want to check it out.
    @Calyx-o

Grow Room Monitor, Wireless Grow Monitoring - Pulse

It calculates the VPD, it has a light sensor and also does temp/humidity. It also uses wifi rather than low energy Bluetooth sensors, and can be plugged in.

But it's also 3X the price of SensorPush EDIT -->(just the sensor). I spoke with the dev of The Pulse and they will be adding an API soon, supposedly, and the next model will come with, or have the option to add, a CO2 sensor. I actually was holding out waiting for word on the CO2 model when I discovered SensorPush.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. That price isnt bad at all to me, i got it book marked, thanks for the info blade, a purchase is in the near future (after tins of research of course)

7. I know this is late coming but I have one of these:

MX1101 | Onset HOBO Data Logger

It records temp and humidity at programmable times. For instance every minute or 5, etc.

Can access via bluetooth on their phone app.

You can also set alarms to go off above or below certain readings.

Im a nerd so I like that it is a data logger and you can look through and see spikes or dips

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. That thing looks pretty nice. I like that it has a dedicated readout on the sensor.