Temperature and efficient nutrient uptake

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Dogma1102, Jun 7, 2018.

1. #1 Dogma1102, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    hello everyone, I have read somewhere that the most efficient temperature for nutrient uptake in plants is around 78 to 82 degrees f. I cannot find the source to read more about it, but I have run into a snag. I have two plants that are extremely finicky and honestly, it's getting annoying. This is the second time around I've needed to flush them due to Nitrogen Toxicity. All the other plants are fine even my Auto. My temperature stays at a steady 72 degrees under lights. I Gave them a quarter strength of my feed solution to ensure they wouldn't get sick again. Basically, I read these plants are able to use the nutrients at a faster rate due to higher temperatures. essentially being more efficient in the process. Does anyone know any more about this topic? I'm lowering my humidity to raise temperatures, but not sure what the hell is going on.

2. I hope your right about the temp and nutrient uptake. My room stays right at 80 with the door cracked in the summer. I’m particulary excites about this current run too.
    Some strains are just finicky. I’ve been reading about the GG#4 crosses having deficiencies, and I have (3) GG#4 x White Widows going that I have been battling mag deficiency for a couple weeks now. The new growth is green and stable but a lot of the older fans were destroyed. I always water with 5.5-5.8 ph nutrient solution, and runoff is consistently at 6.2-6.3. Since they are still in my veg cabinet and not hooked up to my auto feed manifold, I’ve been sneaking an extra feed with more calcium nitrate and magnesium sulfate and I think that along with an Epsom salt foliar spray has just about got them back to normal. The other plants in with them on the same feed are happy as hell.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm hoping with increasing my temp, they will generally do better with feeding. I'm at the point of dumping these two.

4. Where do you suggest getting seeds from? I’m not doing auto’s again for a while but am looking for fem seeds. I’m not picky about a strain long as the genetics are good and flower time is less than 14 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I’m a big fan of Ethos Genetics. SeedsHereNow is a distributor and they ship fast. A little pricey but the plants just produce.

Alibongo is another place. They are in the UK so purchasing can be a pain. But they have a ton of seeds and the prices are great.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I’ve been using MSNL but feel like they are a tad bit dishonest with their information on strains. I’ll check out those two tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

• Like Like x 1
  7. No problem. I just had another member buy the Inzane in the Membrane from Ethos. They have a lot of high THC strains. Citral Glue looks great. Pillow Factory, The Mountain, Zweet Insanity, I want to grow them all!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. 78-84f is the ideal range.
    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

9. It be great if you backed your intel up with a link or something.

10. The Best Temperatures for an Indoor Grow Room

Some day down to 70f but even still humidity needs to be within VPD ranges to get better growth. Temps and humidity need to be consistent without huge swings allowing stomata to remain open, prevent mold, and allow proper nutrient uptake.
    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk