Temp Tag problem

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Danerrr, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Hey blades, I just bought a new car! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1391722725.722261.jpg

How can I make some DIY temp tags for a couple days till I can get the title? The previous owner kept the title in a deposit box and can't get it out till the check I paid with clears.

So I need to make TN temp tags so I can drive around this week and weekend and go to and from work.

Anyone have a website that might have some templates for the temp tags or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Try your local dmv's website I'm sure they'll have some info, hope you didn't pay to much for that pos

3. #3 Danerrr, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
    '04 with new lights breaks clutch tranny convertable top convertable motors and gaskets new paint and a spotless interior for $9700. Not bad at all.

But unfortunately for me I work for a small company that doesn't have the available staff to take off a day so I was tryin to find a quick go around for the temp tags since I should be getting that title in a couple days whenever that personal check clears for the safety deposited title. (The dmv stops issuing them at 3 and I don't get off till 5 at the earliest. :/

4. smart thing to do is wait.

oh and this shit with the title sounds sketchy. did you at least get a notarized bill of sale?
    where did your old plates go?

5. #5 Danerrr, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
    My old plates are expired, I got in a wreck and that car was totaled so now I can walk again.

But yes I have a bill of sale with all the vehicle info, price I bought it at his address and my address and his sig and my sig.

So if he is bullshitting I'll be able to get his ass. He's a buddy's buddy.

Plus I doubt he'd be up to some sketchy business because he had me and my buddy who drove me there come into his house while he made up the receipt I don't think he'd include his wife and daughters in an illegal car sale.

At least I'd hope not. :p

6. #6 Strollin'crow, Feb 7, 2014

i'm sure you can run the vin# on carfax or something and see if it is in fact titled.

you generally would expect the title with the keys.
    the fact that its in a box and you have to pay to get it out....i hope it works out good

his sig means little. you need his sig on an official, printed bill of sale, and then you take it to a public notary.
    a notarized bill of sale is legal proof the car is in fact yours. and if you plan on driving it around without real plates, you should probably plan ahead on picking it up from the impound, worst case. aaaaand without that piece of paper your car will dissappear. if someone steals it its not registered to you, you're fucked. if it gets towed and you have no registration or title, the car will dissappear.

learn from my mistakes and be careful. plan ahead!
    9700 is plenty worth getting your fucking paperwork right

i'm still kicking myself over losing a beater over shit like this

7. #7 Danerrr, Feb 7, 2014
    He printed out the carfax for me and everything. But I'm going to the dmv tomorrow morning my boss is letting me come in a little late so I can get a temp. :smokin:

8. #8 Strollin'crow, Feb 7, 2014
    awesome man way to go
    pretty sweet car there

9. Thanks man it was well worth the wait

10. Bad idea my man!! You don't make a license plate. I made a DIY temp tag for a truck it bought and I got arrested and the truck towed. Highly illegal