Temp & lighting help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cursedsmokez, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Hi guys I'm growing in a tropical country, basically summer all year round. Temp is around 27-29c humidity 70-80%

I'm growing indoor in my closet and I'm using cfl bulbs, my temp in my growroom in usually around 28c with 5cfl lights adding up to 74 watts

i realize my plants are starting to stretch too much and I don't know if I should add more lights or not, I'm afraid if I add too much lights the grow room will be too hot.

I was also thinking since my temp is always around 28c can I just use 1 cfl bulb?

Any advice guys?

2. Post some pictures of your setup please. Your plant is probably stretching due to insufficient lighting.

3. My plant if the flowerpot was actually much longer, I covered around 1.5 inches of the stem in soil so that it wouldn't be so long. My avg country temp is around 28c so if I increase more lights wouldn't the growroom be too hot? Is there any diff between the heat from the light and the heat from the surrounding?

Attached Files:

4. I think you'd be better off if you left the white walls exposed rather than aluminum foil as your walls. An ehaust/ inline fan would keep temps a few degrees lower and an oscillating blowing over the plants would help keep the bulbs cool as well as strengthen the stems. Cfls can be placed as close as possible (1"-3") I'd personally go for 2"-3" just to be safe and have room for new growth, because cfls can burn your plants if the bulb touches the leaves

5. I'd recommend an LED light or an air cooled hood. Cfls don't produce yields that are worth it in my opnion. At least not until you are very skilled with using them. I have seen a few grows in here that are successful with cfls but from what I have seen they require a lot of tweaking and watching the plants.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I see, I'm sticking with cfl for now as led is out of my budget. Should I add more cfl bulbs or just use what I'm using? And my current avg temp in my grow room is around 85-87f is that too high?

7. Yes, you need to bring the temp down to around 75

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum