Temp and humidity?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 3lpablo, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Hi I'm a couple of weeks in to a small grow , my box is 6' cube I have a 200watt CFL 6700 lum or something and a 4" clip fan.
    The problem is when i check them in the morning the temp is around the 92 mark and humidity 23%.
    But as I check about 7.30am it was proberly cooler over night is this ok? If not how can I drop temp slightly add vents? I only have 2 small slots at the top. Any help would be good cheers guys sorry if in wrong section

2. I had the same issue as you, or still do to this day. I started 6 weeks ago, still going strong.

My temp in my box with the light on is 93. This is with 2 PC intake fans, 2 PC outtake fans, 2 4 inch fans, one 8 inch fan

I've basically reduced a lot of room in the box doing this but it's ok, still have one plant.

So this is what i do. I have a big fan...20 inches...when the lights are off...the door stays closed. During this time temp is 83. I put that big fan on low setting set it right up next to the box, this reduces temp to 78, still high, but anything under 80 degrees i hear your ok.

Now...when the light is on...i still have an issue, this is what i do...for now...
    With the door closed its 93. I keep the door open slightly, put the 20 inch fan there, and temp drops to 73.
    As this works fine for now, i essentially outgrew my box already, as when i flower i will have smell issues, now that my carbon for inside the box is usless.

I already have my arsenal full of ona pro ready to unleash its powers once I'm at week 3-4 in flower. For now this will suffice. Before next grow i and you both will need to upgrade our boxes ( if possible)

My idea is ...to add more PC fans. I have 4, I'm thinking adding 2 on each side for a total of 8. Also I'm thinking 6 inch fans too.

P.s. I upgraded my fans on amazon for 40$, purchased. 4@2000 rpm / 69 cmr. Not much if a difference..

I think our issue really relies on our boxes being small and a constant heat inside the insulated Mylar. It's ass if we need to open the bitch and put a load of vents on the walls....making the box just as usless again..

What about putting up new Mylar? That is more light and breathable.

My issue with the PC fans is that the wires are spliced. I had 4 fans i had to splice back that was fun for sure....I'm not sure it's possible adding another 4 fans, may need another power outlet :)

So much do it yourselfing with this hobby. Hope you enjoy it ;)

What are you thinking? Tell me more info about your setup and the items that are installed in the box. Pics too if ya want.

3. I've thought about leaving door slightly open but don't want to loose light and its in shed so don't really want neighbours seeing light I'll have a play around tonight and post some pics so u can see wot I'm trying to work with, mite try an ice pack? Just to drop temp slightly

4. Right on man I'll be here. Anything you try I'm willing to give a shot as well.

Til then I'm thinking.

5. Here's afew pics of my little lady and set up, how does she look? planted seed 20 days ago 200watt cfl

6. Here's pics

Attached Files:

7. How close is that light? Don't habe it too close to avoid stretching with the stem

8. I've put an extra vent at bottom and top and repositioned fan (ordered an extra one) but that has helped lower temp and raise humidity not perfect but getting closer. But another day another hurdle gave her to much grow big so now she has nitrogen burn

9. Is it just the bottom leafs? I wouldn't worry too much man. Next watering don't add any nutrients. Just flush the medium out. Check your current nutes maybe make them a bit weaker. Or maybe by next week the current nutes will be ok haha...

My lady takes more and more nutrients that each week passes. I doubled my nutrients after the third sets of leaf came in. Read that blue dream likes its nutrients...so my plant looks beautiful...no discoloration whatsoever.

Tonight I'm going to give it it's first full strength veg formula! Hopefully she takes off....only 7 inches so far/5 weeks of veg...

10. Cool good luck any pics? My burns spread a bit but dosent look to bad?

Attached Files:

11. No. The new growth seems good. Any pics i have would be under light. Not sure how to post picture, could pkay around later

12. My girl looked pissed last night though

• Like Like x 1