Temp and humidity controller

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BossHawk, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Does anyone have suggestions about a not to expenisive temp and humidity controller? Also what kind of heating systems do people use in there grow areas? I am trying to dial in my settings so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks everyone

2. Any small space heater with a built in thermostat (~$15) can be used to keep air temps warm.
    A $15 aquarium heater might keep a hydro tank warm.
    Humidity can be controlled to some extent by exhaust fan speed, but a humidifier will probably be needed. Top fill is essential, and there are a couple ways to go. (1) Ultrasonic + Fan to disperse vapor (2) Low tech humidifiers that blow air across absorbent "filters."

Unfortunately, there isn't a single temp or RH value inside a grow volume.
    Plus, leaf temp is typically 5+F below air temp.
    The average of the readings of 4-5 of those $10 Temp/RH indicators, strategically placed, plus leaf temps read from an infrared thermometer gun are required to get a handle on tent conditions.

There is a $200 device called PULSE (Pulse | Pre-order Pulse One) that allows remote monitoring of Light, RH, Temp, and VPD. These can be checked from anywhere via internet and/or cell phone.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Interesting ok cool I do have everything except heat controlled by timers it does ok..space heaters cost so much$ to run lol