Telling the sex on 18/6 light cycle???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BudCrazie, Feb 1, 2011.

1. I want to know if my plants will show there sex before I switch them to the flowering cycle. I know how to tell the difference between male and female, what I want to know is if they will show it while they're still on an 18/6 light cycle so as not to waste my time flowering male plants. They are not auto-flowering plants and are about a 1 month and 2 weeks old. Also I've been clipping my fan leaves to let the light through to the bottom leaves, I don't know if that was a good call, plant 1 and 2 seem to be doing well but 3 and 4 are kind of lacking. They are all about 12". Any opinions on how they look would be awesome. :smoke:

Attached Files:

2. I can't spot any pre flowers from those pics, but they may be present.

http://www.breedbay.co.uk/gallery/data/588/itof0000.jpg

That is a female pre flower. The 2 white hairs are pistils. Male pre flowers don't have pistils. They usually start to appear on the top growth shoots around weeks 4-6.

3. I'll get some closer pics on in a bit, do the plants look ok?

4. I only noticed Plant 1 and 3 may be females, I'm pretty sure 1 is, but I'm not sure about 3. Will they all eventually show their sex before the 12/12 light cycle or is it a hit and miss (some show some don't)?

Attached Files:

5. Plant 1 is female for sure. Plant 3 might be male, but it's kinda hard to tell.

6. plant 1 is definatly,
    plant 3 may be, but wait another week or so for sure.