Telling parents

Discussion in 'General' started by jevonsp, Jan 30, 2012.

1. i've been toking since august and i havent looked back :smoke: :D

My mom found out but I didnt get in any huge trouble. She was a HUGE stoner back in the day (was a teen in the 70's lol) and she told me that she doesn't want me "going down that path yet" and that she didnt want me doing it in her house.

we talk and joke about stuff a lot and I really hate hiding that i'm smoking. I told her that I did it a few times but didnt really like it because I didnt wanna get in trouble lol

anyways, do you think that continuing to keep the fact that I enjoy the ganja a secret or should I tell her?

have any of you told your parents? Did it go well? how'd you do it and should I? thanks!

2. I find it odd that there is an urge to tell them. I understand maybe a desire to share it and get a load off, but I don't see a real benefit to it. How old are you, that is the most important aspect to it. Do you live with them? See I don't like with my dad and I see him about once every 1-2 weeks (varying). I'm a married man and I don't really toke around my wife. She use to smoke and now she doesn't. I'd keep it to people you smoke with, as a rule of thumb. Unless your on heroin and your seeking out help, parents don't need to nor do they really want to know what your experimenting in privacy as an adult...drugs are like sex..private and shared with the people you do it with imo.

3. I wanna be able to toke in the garage with her home without fear of punishment haha. I mean, I can keep it on the DL but i dont really want to.

4. op your parents sound reasonable and understanding, i would talk to them about reconsidering allowing your usage in their home. If they disagree then respect their decision and at least smoke off their property. If you have your life together its perfectly reasonable to ask to smoke inside where its much safer than being outside with the risk of police.

5. Ah there you go. You should have said that right away..She could get pissed though...I'd sneak.

6. Just tell her that you can smoke responsibly and you're old enough to know it.