Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Telling my roommate.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dem0nshroom, Sep 24, 2010.

1. And PS...I just can't shut up...the catholic church has its share of hypocrisy. Most of the saints and holidays are the appropriation of pagan gods and festivals. We don't know a certain date for Jesus birth (again assuming he was a real person) but it was certainly not December 25th. That date, however, coincides with a nearly universal pagan celebration of the winter solstice, specifically the roman Saturnalia. The christmas tree is a representation of the axis mundi present in nearly all european pagan myth (yggdrasil, mount olympus, etc.) Same with Easter, coincides with pagan fertility festivals of spring, hence the eggs and rabbits which have fuck all to do with the ressurection of a demigod.

2. I believe there are records discussing the sentencing of Jesus' death between Rome and Israel. And that's interesting to know again. Eggs and rabits have to do with rebirth as they are associated symbols with spring (the time of nature's rebirth).

3. Tell your friend to check out this website (http://christiansforcannabis.com/e107/news.php)

4. That's jewish historian Josephus, but scholars agree that the bit about Jesus was added later, not written by Josephus. Wikipedia has a good and fairly objective article on the historicity of Jesus.

5. Haha I am sitting here thinking the same thing, I eductated my mon on it last night and guess who can toke without looking around the corner every 2.8 seconds :hello:

6. haha this is the only way to do it;)

7. Wow for being such a open minded type forum, you would think people would leave their religious views to themselves. I for one am a Christian and I find all this crap borderline offensive, much like I don't bash on aethiests for their way of life, don't bash on mine.

as for those who don't know, in the bible it states we must follow "the law of the land," therefor, that is the government, However the bible didn't anticipate racist, objective political figures banning a natural herb for its competitive possibilities.

8. It's interesting you interpret an objective discussion of history as an attack on your personal belief system and wade into the discussion with such a hostile and aggressive post.

Where does the bible say to follow the law of the land?

9. Dude when you two are sitting on the couch watching tv or something, just pull out and start packing a bowl non-chalontly and offer him greens.

10. Weed is a drug, even cocaine is natural, "naturalness" has nothing to do with it being a drug or not. That said, weed being a drug doesnt make it bad for you.

11. thats kind of funny, my roommate and i are the exact same, were best friends in high school and he used to be so incredibly anti-pot, and would throw out any of my bud if he found it. then he decided to try it and now he's the biggest pot head i know:p

12. say I have been thinking about what you feel about marijuana and I have some different opinions on it . . . and go from there.

13. I would sit him down and be like STFU hit this j or GTFO.

14. If hes truly your friend then he wont un friend you over weed. What kind of friend is that?

15. Yeah I thought the whole point of Religion is to develop a universal sense of morality, not just one based off of law/order.

Even though this country is becoming more secular, the religous tradition is still very powerful, as I cannot imagine someone being elected to the US Presidency that didn't claim they followed a christian faith... Maybe a Jewish President, we were close with Lieberman before Dubya stole the election, but certainly if a presidential candidate said outright,"I am an aethiest", they wouldn't get too far.

16. sounds like your boyfriend