Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Telling My Parents

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SodaMonkeyGod, Sep 24, 2010.

1. So I decided to tell my parents that I still smoke pot for recreational purposes the other day. I have been caught before, and that time they didn't know so they were extremely upset even going as far as almost kicking me out of there house. They told me if they ever caught me again they would have to take "drastic measures". Even knowing this information I still needed to tell my parents just because I respect them and love them so I needed them to know. So I prepared my speech about why I smoke and how I am careful with it in public and I don't have loose lips about telling people I smoke to avoid getting into trouble. I even did a lot of research before hand to give them real medical facts about the drug. Even with all this they were still very disappointed (they didn't even thank me or give me some kind of satisfaction for telling them) my father like always lunged out and started to yell at me about the evils of pot and how it could ruin my life. My mother was the same way and didn't help anything. I barely even got a word in. So right now my family is discussing whether or not they should just can my ass right out of the house and leave me to fend for myself. I just cant seem to understand what exactly I have done that has been so terrible to cause all of this. I mean I understand its there house and there rules, but don't I deserve some say in things that help me in many area's of my life? I have been smoking since I was 14 and now I'm 17 close to turning 18 and so far pot has not hindered or impaired anything in my life. I keep fairly good grades in school I have some great friends and I play soccer at my school. Even though pot has gotten me into some trouble before with some school officials "it" its self has not really hurt me in any way. I don't know what to do anymore. Any suggestions on how I can better this situation?

2. you gotta be 18 to post around here. What angers them is that your probably using THEIR money to buy the things they dont want you to buy. besides you shoulda told them individually and also showed them the union

3. People like that are close minded and not even worth trying to have a sensible/rational discussion with. I pity those people. Anyways, I would apologise to them. Tell them that you respect their rules as a household, and that you will follow them. Smoke in secret, by any means don't stop. Just be more cautious about it. I mean, your rights are legitimate, and I understand where you're coming from. But it's just not worth getting kicked out for.

4. im not sure man, you cant convince some people. They probably think your making it up, show them the union.

5. Sorry didn't know I had to be 18 =( Also I don't use there money to buy weed I have a job and I buy my own weed with my own money. I haven't borrowed money from my parents to buy weed in a very long time. But yea I'm real nervous at this point. There probably going to get the relatives involved in some way and give me more anxiety then the enormous amount I already have. I guess I will have to smoke in secret but lay low for a while cause now that I have told them there probably going to raid my room in search of the evil cannabis. I hate shit like this, I could really use a blunt or two to calm my nerves down.

6. Like I said, directly agree with them just to calm their shit.

7. Be prepared to walk into a hotel room full of people saying that they are doing this because they love you.

8. Apparently you don't understand that. :)

9. Seriously..

10. if I were you I would of kept my mouth shut and do my shit lowkey even if I love my parents I wouldnt tell them stuff that would maybe hurt their feelings.

11. OP who are you really helping here by telling your parents?

You know it's just gonna piss them off and put you in a possibly bad situation.

There's no reason to tell them/confront them. Honesty isn't always a good thing.

12. Some people can't be reasoned with, especially parents.

It is a bit sickening that people can be so hardheaded, just keep the smoking to yourself

13. Yeah fuck parents. Move out.

14. I just want to start by saying I'm actually behind not having the use of something like weed considered taboo, not having to keep it under wraps especially with family..of course the hope is that they'll share your views, that it makes sense to you so why not them?
    Even if the views are conflicting it's probably just something they could look past without too much effort, and accept it's something you do responsibly and all...?
    Maybe. Maybe not.
    The thing is, maybe you should start working on actually backing up some of the things you're saying.

Not if you're smoking at their place and they don't want you to, a difference of opinion is what you have here, with someone who has requirements of their tenants...rules...if they say not to smoke on their property you simply have to respect that despite your own take on it...

Oh?

There it is...evidently not careful enough...and if they've heard about this from said school officials, it pretty much invalidates a big part of what you were trying to get across...that and it's a basic admission you use weed before/at school too...to me this doesn't really drive home "I'm using it responsibly".
    Recreationally, sure - you are, but you're doing it in/near or before attending the one place they probably would never want you to.
    This isn't going to work in the favour of your argument...

Anyways best of luck sorting out a solution, I just thought I'd point out some things you may have missed.

15. Heres what you do...

Roll a fattass blunt and take enough pulls to get fairly high.
    Walk into their room with said blunt in mouth like a badass.
    Take a huge pull and blow it right in there faces.
    Proceed to tell them that Santa and the Easter bunny smoke pot.

Win.

16. I told my mom to watch 'The Union' and she said yes. She hasn't watched it yet. :(