Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Telling my mom i smoke

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by iSmokeLI, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Hey guys, my moms one of those anti-drug people, shes never done marijuana or anything like that.

I'm the youngest of 4 and my mom has found out about my sister, and two brothers smoking. She still doesn't know i smoke though.

but about a month ago she drug tested me and it came back positive. Now this morning she asked me again if i was still getting high, i told her that i'd talk about it with her later since i was in a rush to leave, but now im home and she should be here soon, so i'm planning on telling her.

Any tips from you guys on what i should say? I'm thinking of telling her i do it to relax and expand my creativity.

thanks in advance, keep tokin' GC :smoke:

2. due to bolded sentence she obviously knows that u still smoking , but she seems to be cool about it

3. I know that i basically told her i smoke, but obviously we are going to have a chat about it. So i need some backup on what i should say, because i know she won't be happy to hear that i smoke on a regular basis.

4. yo, heres a tip, show her a video on google video called "The Union"
    its really good

5. [ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9077214414651731007&ei=zFqwSY6MBoqsrAKE993bBA&q=the+union&hl=en"]The Union[/ame]

heres the link

6. Or not cool about it and OP rushed out of the house before she could say anything :rolleyes:

I say tell her you don't anymore and you're stopping, then do whatever you want. Really hardcore anti-drug people are often hard to convince about the myths of marijuana usage because they wrongfully associate pot with hard drugs. If she thinks you're still smoking she might do something crazy like send you to Bible camp, but I don't know your mother as well as you do.

Another idea is to wait it out and see how she reacts with your older siblings. You're the youngest, let the elders act as the guinea pigs to gauge her reactions.

7. just say
    'i use a bong it filters all the addictiv shit'
    -dale denton

8. well she knows a lot about pot since all 3 of my siblings have been caught smoking.

And i know she was pretty cool about it because she gave me a hug after i told her i'd talk to her about it later.

And she definitely won't send me to bible camp haha, even if she tried i wouldn't go.

9. #9 Esperança, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2009

10. In that case just be nice and insist that it's not harmful for you, just an enjoyable activity that you dabble in. It's less dangerous than alcohol but otherwise alcohol is an okay analogy, give her the whole alternatives spiel.

11. dude +rep to you for telling her......even though it seems like she already knows.

i have no brothers or sisters to have gotten caught before me, and i really REALLY wish i would have just told my mom straight up.

12. - I smoke pot
    - why? I like it
    - its not interfering with what's important(education & stuff).. (important to mention; it shows you have the right priorities)
    - its relatively safe with low addictive potential
    - the end