Tell your theory on growing highest quality possible

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by casualresearch1, May 7, 2015.

1. Hey, new to the site.

I am interested in knowing everyone's opinion on how they would grow to produce the highest quality medicinal plants possible.

My personal theory has been leaning towards an MCOB LED (For higher resin production) in an advanced organic soil mixture, using a SCROG setup. I am having a hard time selecting a specific light and soil recipe and am looking forward to hearing your opinions on what you think is best!

Thx,
    Cas

2. #2 lotek590, May 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
    the best quality grower I know grows two plants under a 250mh. 250 mh from clone to harvest, no hps. His whole upstairs is nothing but small grow rooms with two plants in each room with a 250 mh.  Sounds like you are looking for more quantity than he grows. But if it is really just good quality that is the best anybody around here grows.

Lights are interesting. He's grown under led and says it is comparable, but he sticks with his 250w mh. I just started smoking my first harvest from an led from start to finish, and the yield was very disappointing but the quality is the best I've grown. Now I am vegging under cfl and flowering under led.

but if you are serious about growing high quality pot, the old 600w mh/hps is a proven workhorse.

3. Thanks for the input. What is the science behind only mh? Is he using autoflower? Also what kind of LED were you using? Thanks

4. #4 lotek590, May 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
    I'm only a beginner when it comes to lights, especially led. My story was just anecdotal and not scientific. You said you wanted "quality" and I just told you what the best quality grower I know uses. But I am very impressed with the quality I am getting from my new led. I have a clw 220 to cover one plant. And no, neither quality or quantity growers use autoflower. I think you will find the best quality comes from the best strains, but yes, you can put your mark on it with the best light and growing conditions for that particular strain.

good luck

5. I was only asking if it was an auto because normally people only use mh for their mother plants, but I appreciate all comments.

In my opinion quality is all genetic unless you balls something up. Grow it well and the quality is the same as if it was done perfectly. Growing out many seeds so you can pick the best one has the biggest impact on quality. 

Quantity is something else altogether. There are tons of different things you can do to add to your yield.

As long as you don't have a sick plant the quality of the bud will be the same whatever you do. I have been experimenting on different methods for over 20 years and I find that the individual plant governs the quality. Unless you balls up the grow of course and you have a sick plant. For this reason I always recommend growing as many plants as you can, even if they have to be kept very small. Clone them all, and flower the originals while keeping the clones vegging. Once harvested you can select your best plant and keep its corresponding clone as a mother 

I see a lot of people buying one seed and growing one plant. This is such a gamble, but obviously I understand not everyone can grow out 10-20 plants in one go 

7. Thanks for the comment! I definitely feel picking the right strain and genetics is the most important aspect and that is definitely the core focus in terms of techniques used.

I guess I take back my point to a degree. Health can be not so black and white for many people. So in that respect I'd say that the healthier the plant is, the better the bud. However, I believe that maximizing the quality potential is reached pretty easily relatively speaking

9. Full nutrient range (carbs, b-vitamins, humic + fulvic acid) and a HID + LED mix.