Tell me what you think?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by the1g00ch, Sep 8, 2008.

1. OK this is my 1st time growing...I only want 1 plant untill I know what I am doin..I built a grow box with a total of 5.9sq ft, with a intake and exhaust fans 1 on each side intake on top right exhaust on bottom left...i water it about once every2-3 days andI feed it nutrients once a week as called for on the directions. I have 3 fluoros, 2 hanging and one 2ft tube I rotate around the plant everytime i raise the hanging bulbs..All together its about 140wtts, (I read on some website u only need 20-30wtts per sq ft)..I want to get HIDs or a sodium but i can't find ballasts for either, I checked home depot and lowes...I know the top is burnt in a few places this is becouse I went out of town and didnt raise the lights enough before i left.....I dont know exactly how old it is didnt think to keep track i wanna say about 6-7 weeks give or take 1...On that note any pointers tell me what you think. I was lookin around and I was wondering if it was indica or sitivia.Does any1 know I was leaning towards Indica do to some stuff i read saying Its known for its short bushyness and its short fatter leaves.. Also I was thinking about toping it ( YES NO)..[​IMG]..[​IMG]..[​IMG]

2. This is where I get all my gear http://www.htgsupply.com/growlightsubcategories.asp?categoryID=1
    Nice job.
    I would have planted 2 or 3 seeds to ensure a female. If that thing is a male you will have wasted time.
    Be careful with the nutes at this point because you can see that she is loaded with nitrogen from the dark leaves and purplish stems.

3. thank you. I will down the dosage to maybe once every 2 weeks or maybe half each week..

4. let me start by sayin' your plant looks nice and bushy and full of foliage, i would also say swtich your intake and exhast fans you'll want your exhaust at the top because heat rises.. you can top it now I would it'll slow the growth but it's worth the extra top colas

good luck

BiZness

5. I thought about that after I had completed the box but i put everything in it and thermometer and it stays around 70 degrees in there i havent seen it get above 74 maybe becouse im only using fluoros.... or should i change them anyway..I really dont feel like taking them off and putting them back on, maybe I'll try changing the polarity of the wires if this is necessary

6. nah if you're only using flouresent lights heat wont be a problem, you should prob graduate to a light with a better spectrum

7. I will eventually,, I'm just trying to get some exp' under my belt before i spend alot of $..