Tell me it's not a hermie, please

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mr. Farmer, Oct 28, 2009.

1. This Taiga has been wierd from the start. Now it's getting these strange growths on EVERY bud, except for some of the lower growth. Noticed them forming a few days ago, but tonite they are full on.

What the hell is going on?? BTW, plant is 3 weeks into flowering.

TaigaIsWierd.JPG

IMG_4391.jpg

IMG_4388.jpg

2. I would be lying if I told you it wasn't a hermie. Sorry but you have a confused plant there.

3. yup...looks like you gotta tranny there. Sorry bro.

4. Been there and denied it myself. Then I paid the price: a seeded room. Best to cut now, than weep later.

Just sayin'

gm

5. Thanks, dudes. This is my first full-on hermie, so I tried to tell myself it was just a cool variation. A super pistil, if you will. Anyway, the he-bitch has been pulled to die a slow death. :(

6. not the end of the world if you think tis got to all of it dont scrap it, alot of dank nugs out there with seeds in it, and heck if the seeds look good thats cool, you got a nice seed stash if you ever want to take a break and come back to your old strain.

7. same some banana leaves for crossing :hello::hello: , pollinate a fem and you got youself free femmed seeds and make yourself some hash :).

-always make good out of bad.
    -moe.

8. Thanks for the positive vibes, Lion, but I ain't even go fuck with it. I have a Big Bang and a Northern Lights in the closet that are twice as big. No use risking it.

Heard lots of negative talk about Dutch Passions before I grew this Taiga. Turns out, the masses were right.

9. Do you think some QWISO would be worth anything with the plant only 3 weeks into flowering?

10. I mean you could flower it in another room possibly. I would def save the pollen man. But if you scrap it u scrap it. Sorry

11. No room, man. You want it?? :D

12. Why would you ever rip up a hermie? I know you may not always have a place to move them to(perhaps outdoors),but this is the way to get a good fistfull of feminized seeds of whatever strain the hermie is.Yes, hermies are a valueble money saver.you must make sure that only,only, the hermie is the one to impregnate itself.just droppin a valueble money saving jewel.:)

13. I suggest you work some pollination and just use a razor to cut off all of the other ball sacks. Dude, fem seeds FOREVER!

14. Excellent point and I am actually growing out a Northern Lights seed I got from a hermie right now. I think it actually crossed with a Diesel that hermied as well, since the NL is really finishing up in a hurry. Maybe, maybe not. FYI, I believe they hermied due to my stoned ass setting the timer wrong and the lights being on for 48 straight, 4 weeks or so into flowering.

Anyway, I did end up keeping the Taiga in a spare bathroom with only sunshine through a small window to survive. Temps are cold, but it looks as if a few seeds may actually make it. :smoke:

Question is, do I really want to waste time with an autoflowering strain that wouln't autoflower and has a tendency to hermie only 2-3 weeks into flowering??