Tell me about pruning?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HIGHskool, Apr 15, 2003.

1. I read a lot of things about how plants are picky becuase of conditions and what not...i herd that u have to trim plants and shit...in what way and why do u trim them...i know about topping and FIMming but for day to day maintenace how should u clip them?

2. I would say....you shouldn't clip them day to day.....

clipping and pruning shocks your plants a bit and they have to reveg. that area...

prune just moderatley.. I prune like this --- for the FIMing every two nodes or so... Allows about two weeks to regenerate all around and grow outward.... If your just pruning your Fan leaves I go every node left to right ... So you would on your first set trim your right fan and next set the left etc etc..... This sometimes will cause your plant to get really bushy and have many lower shoots coming upward.

but of course this is only what I do... Listen to the others many of them have alot more experience than me... I personally Like the FIMing trick if you get it to work right...

3. i do it kinda similar to Jae......but just don't get too happy snipping leaves as the plant still needs them to help it grow......only snip off obnes that get in the way of the light getting to the lower buds, but not all of them......kinda hard to explain, but i'm sure you'll do o.k......Peace out......Sid

4. yeah same here, i snip off the larger leaves that cover the light to the smaller ones. what ive always been told is that when you have a young plant still in it's infant stages like the one i have, you should snip off the larger leaves that may grow off of the top as this will help promote the even growth of the other smaller leaves on the rest of the plant. but like jae said, prune moderatly.

5. thanx guys but when u prune do u just cut the leaves off or the stem and everything? my plants are in their 5th day of flowering....already picked out two males and a couple female!!!

6. I cut with a clean blade as close to the stalk as possible... stem and leaf......