Telepathy

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by ScribesNature, Sep 14, 2010.

1. #1 ScribesNature, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2010
    A heightened sense of awareness, or consciousness perhaps. How would one describe telepathy? Mind reading, ESP, able to see the future. Is that really possible one may ask? Well I haven't experienced it so it can't be real. How can one person read someone else's mind? The mind is capable of anything but is it capable of reading someone else's mind?

The Oracle: I'd ask you to sit down, but you're not going to anyway. And don't worry about the vase.
    Neo: What vase?
    [Neo knocks a vase to the floor]
    The Oracle: That vase.
    Neo: I'm sorry.
    The Oracle: I said don't worry about it. I'll get one of my kids to fix it.
    Neo: How did you know?
    The Oracle: What's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything.

The Oracle leaves Neo with an interesting point. See how she anticipates their short visit and goads Neo with the vase. His initial reaction before checking for a vase was possibly him being fearful of breaking the vase therefore breaking the vase or he was just clumsy. Could this simply be a heightened awareness of the human chemistry? It definitely seems that way and I find it important never to rule out something I can't prove because the mind is capable of everything. How does one harness the ability of being a psychic or gain these heightened levels of awareness and consciousness? Lets it play with this idea for a second. Is it possible they are one in the same? Just by knowing a person and how they react to environments, to certain stimuli, and to sounds. To emotion. Is it possible that from knowing all this one might be able to connect with one on an extrasensory level by understanding their habitual behaviors and what invokes them? Be clairvoyant because of routine? Gain clairaudience from understanding habit? Clairsentience from understanding emotions and why they are invoked? Claircognizance just by being able to process information that hasn't been tainted or harnessed by any outside influences? Clairgustance from craving and imagination? Clairalience for one or more of the previous reasons I've mentioned? Is it possible? Who's to say it isn't? :smoke:

2. #2 Postal Blowfish, Sep 14, 2010
    I'm not sure what to make of this post.

But I do remember a certain blade saying he could predict what would be rolled inside a shoe box full of dice. That's not exactly telepathy, more like precognition, but I would say that if such a thing is possible and if someone who can do precognition can also do telepathy, then let's organize an experiment. **actually if my memory serves, he described it more like astral travel

I don't have dice. But I do have a shoebox and I'll gladly buy a bunch of dice in order to test any such abilities. I can promise, but no one should be able to actually believe, that I will be honest. But at least, in as much as my own experience, no matter how much I could try and color the experience, I would be a part of it myself and I can't lie to myself. That said, if the results proved someone could tell what dice I rolled over an unknowable distance, I'd have to be convinced of something.

Maybe we can perform an experiment on telepathy.

3. I remember the post you're referring to. I'm like 99% sure it was about astral travel / OOBE.

4. so then couldnt he travel into my abode and discern the results of my dice? he could challenge me: ROLL YOUR DICE, SIR and I will tell you what came of it.

5. #5 ScribesNature, Sep 14, 2010
    You could but how would you determine the most efficient way of predicting a 1/36 probability? From how the dice hits the surface, the weight of it, the density of the floor or what? There is known knowledge and absolute knowledge. See the dice rolled would be recorded in known knowledge and tingle something in absolute knowledge. We are only aware of what we know relating that to what we see to form an understanding of what we observe. This deeper understanding is what I seek. How do we get the great Understanding which precedes our understanding?

6. Catch him off guard with D20 dice.

7. Is it just me, or ever since that "bad stoner philosophers" thread that dissed people who made there philosophy about the matrix I'm seeing mad matrix posts lol.

As far as telepathy goes, knowing Neo wouldn't sit down would be telepathy, however knowing he was going to knock a vase over isn't.

I won't be doing any kind of challenges, I'm not some entertainer or charlatan, you could ask snuggles about when he got accepted at a new job, but that's about it.

8. :laughing:

There's a surprise.

:laughing:

9. I know right? I won't bother explaining it, you can look yourself to find the reasons. I've posted them all over the place, hell, open up a bible and read the book of job chapter 30 you'll find it there.

10. You won't explain anything to me bro, if you haven't realized by now that I think everything you say is complete and utter bullshit you need to catch on quicker. :p

11. I don't explain things to you because I realize it's a waste of time, your very set in your idea's. If you really wanted to know, look in my threads and posts, its there on a few occasions.

12. I disagree The Oracle anticipated their meeting would be short if as you see in the Matrix Reloaded where he actually took a seat when she offered because she had heavy news to give him or it could be that her body language indicated suggestion of sitting down after enjoying a sweet. Her awareness of those factors could be classified as telepathy. And I've always been about the Matrix it the only to right now that I can use to properly convey my thoughts about this world we live in. People are just jealous :smoke:

13. #13 Dryice, Sep 14, 2010
    I'm very set on the foundation of my ideas. My ideas are prone to changing like anything, but it's difficult to accept anything outside of my senses (without a lot of other physical evidence as well). Just to be clear of that.

14. I didn't mean you are completely closed to all new information, just in your general perception. Understandable, I was the same way at one point.

And i haven't seen any of the matrix movies in a long time lol, so I don't know the plotline of a fictional story in verifying the truth of telepathy lol.

15. Example. Stop playing dumb the matrix events are all relative to telepathy but with a higher understanding. Your scoffs are not neeeded :wave::poke:

16. I remember a former great friend of mine were attempting telepathy one magical night.

It was awesome, full moon, clear skies, crispy air and great bud.

Well, it started off with him trying to guess a number I had in my head from 1-10... he got it right.
    Simple odds, right?? Next I told him 1-20... the fucker got it right.
    At this point I'm amazed, so I go for the big one - 1 to 100.

When he actually was able to get this one right, I jump out of my crouching position and ran away for a moment in disbelief.

When I came back he was still sitting down with a strange expression on his face.
    He wouldn't believe me. He thought I was bullshitting.
    I don't care if he believes me or not. I know what I witnessed that strange night.

Experiences like these are amazing. They make you feel strange in a crazy way - like, reality doesn't seem all that real. Makes you feel like you're in a dream.

17. your all about the matrix lately.

18. It is so simple when you do it in your own home, so why do you refuse to share that wisdom with the rest of us? I'm not looking to be entertained, here. I'm looking to be enlightened. At the very least, you could verify your claims, even if we are too ignorant to understand how you have that ability.

If you wouldn't even verify your claims without explaining them, I'm forced to agree that little of what you say can be taken to be true on assumption alone.

19. To me, telepathy is real.. we can telepathically communicate with ourselves using language.

20. This is the point of my thread. Read the OP