Telekinesis : A Vital Transformation?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by PsychicImmortal, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Commonly the belief in telekinesis is stigmatic by nature, but there are a few key elements that would make telekinesis a vital transformation for life on Earth.

The first is a total increase to our mental capacity.

Why should each creature harbor the same information exclusively, when one being could keep that information and it would be free to access for everyone else?

Telekinesis would remove the necessity to keep overlapping information within ourselves.

Also, as the saying goes, two minds are better than one, and even better than that are four billions minds working together.

The second reasons is that it would allow instant long distance communication without the necessity to translate thoughts into ideas or languages.

Why would we use up so much of our time converting our thoughts into ideas if we could instantly conceptualize them telekinetically and transmit them to eachother via psychic network?

Telekinesis would free up our time to make room for more important actions that involve our physical bodies activity support the growth of life and the healing of the Earth's atmosphere.

That brings us to the third reason, which is that it would catalyze the evolution of life and civilization by providing us with a new form of protection and a new way to empathize with fellow beings.

There is some proof which would suggest that telekinesis is already here, and has been here for thousands, or perhaps billions of years.

Religious texts all speak about a Godlike entity which is capaple of knowing all things, infact this otherworldy invisible being knows everything that you have ever done.

Could it be that our ancestors were trying to point out something to us that they found extremely hard describe, and could that same thing be telekinesis?

Try it today, you don't need to invent a machine to detect peoples thoughts if that machine is your own brain.

2. Not even going to lie, I'd feel complete if our next evolutionary step was telekinesis.

3. Interesting thoughts. I will just say that what you are referring to isn't telekinesis. Telekinesis, or psychokinesis, is the ability to move something with your mind. It comes from tele (remote) and kinesis (movement), as in kinetic energy. What you are talking about are psychic abilities.

I think the ability to transmit and share thoughts is a very real possibility of the future, but I don't think it will come in the form of psychic abilities or evolution. It will more than likely be a product of technology.

Scientist are getting closer and closer to fully understanding how our brain works, and bionics technology is also advancing very quickly. There are already robotic prosthetic limbs that work by tapping into nerve signals and artificial eyes that send very low resolution images up the optic nerve. These technologies will eventually advance to the point that electronic devices can fully integrate with our brains. They will be able to tap into your own senses to display images in your visual field or audio without the need for headphones. Even smells and emotions could be artificially generated and inserted into your perception of the world.

We already have technology that communicates with technology around it using things like bluetooth, wifi and, of course the internet. Once we have the technology for the electronic and biological side, communication between those devices will appear almost simultaneously. Once they are communicating between each other I'd guess that communicating feelings, memories, knowledge and ideas in the form of electronic data wouldn't be such a huge breakthrough. You could probably download skills or experiences like holidays from the internet and have them appear in your mind.

As for your comments on religious texts and God: I am very much atheist. I don't really have any respect for religious stories. Nor do I believe in any god, psychic abilities, ghosts, fairies or bigfoot, all of which go against science.

On your final point of reading peoples thoughts, this is possible to a limited extent. Our body language and facial expressions are constantly revealing clues about what we are thinking about, which our subconscious mind (or conscious, with practice) can pick up on. This is especially the case when around people you know very well and have spent a lot of time with, such as close friends and family. It is an evolutionary feature of our species, which throughout most of our history has lived in small family groups which were heavily reliant on cooperation and communication.

4. it could evolve, but its unlikley, but lots of things are...

however, i do believe both telepathy and telekenesis are possible.

think about magneto from xmen. it doesnt tell us how he can do it, but it does tell us one way things can be moved remotely (magnetism)

if one could channel already existing forces through a device, you could theoretically controll where they go, and ultimatly, fine tune it to be usefull

we already do this (radio waves)

cell phones are our first step to telepathy, once cell phones are linked to our brain, it will be.

also deriving information telepathically is very very dangerous. we are bound to get brainwashed

i think telekinesis is a long way down, but telepathy will probly happen in our life times

5. #5 JayF, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2011
    I think it's even more unlikely that it would evolve between now and the time that technology beats evolution to it. This would mean that anyone who evolved that ability would no longer have an evolutionary advantage.

Interesting idea, but it would only work for ferrous objects. Who knows what inconceived new technologies are coming up in the next few centuries. It's been a fascination of humans for hundreds of years, I'm sure that fascination won't end any time soon and as technologies keep on advancing, I'm sure someone will come with something one day.

Yeah I agree. I think this sort of technology will primarily come from the computing and telecommunications industries. The boundaries between these industries are already quickly becoming blurred and I think that will continue.

Agreed again. Brain/mind interface technology is a very scary, yet exciting idea.

6. Yeah okay...