Teen on Magic Mushrooms Shot to Death

Discussion in 'General' started by NFloyd2357, Jul 31, 2009.

1. I have never had the urge to break into someone's house while tripping on shrooms.

2. "thought he was inside his own home. At one point, he even called the homeowner "Dad"."

The homeowner still shot him after the kid blatantly made a remark believing he was at home? That's not worth taking his life man.

3. I agree whole heartedly but...

that! I've done shrooms plenty of times and never have i been that irresponsible and/or disoriented

4. #5 Roasted Richard, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2009
    lol, this happened to my friend once (well obviously he didn't get shot, and he wasnt on shrooms). but we were headed to a party and we were walking through backyards to go into the house from the back. well my friend was really drunk and gets left behind a little and ends up going into the wrong house.

he said the owner came flying down the stairs and was like "wtf are you doing here? get the fuck out!". my friend was like "whoa sorry man i was just looking for the party."

the owner was like "well its not here, you're lucky i didn't shoot your ass."
    my friend then called me and found the real party and then told me what happened.

it was pretty damn funny. you just have to know the kid.

5. The other day I was stoned and walked into a different townhouse from my friends. My friends house was the third door down, but for some reason I thought it was the end-unit (I've only been there a few times).

I walked into the house, and notices a big family picture of a bunch of black people. I immediately walked out, thankfully nobody saw me.

6. Look at all the hicks commenting on that article with shit like "GUN OWNERS ARE TRAINED TO SHOOT TO KILL, IF YOU COME IN MY HOUSE YOU BETTER BE PREPARED TO DIE."

Perfect example of why we need stricter gun laws, dumbasses using pieces of metal traveling at 1000mph like they're a slap on the wrist.

7. i think america's laws on guns are ridiculous but it well never be sorted out now since they're legal they will never be taken off the streets!

8. Whatever, honestly. If you commit a crime on drugs, you should be charged for that crime no doubt. However, I do think after calling the homeowner "dad," the kid showed no signs of wanting to do harm.

That being said, I can still see it from the homeowners point of view. Young kid in his house, making nonsense remarks (as most do on shrooms), calling him Dad, etc. It'd be hard to judge what he was going to do.

It's a shitty situation, I'm just glad it doesn't read "Stoned Teen Shot to Death" with the same story attached. The 'Shroom legalization front isn't even in the works, so this doesn't really hurt a cause per se, it's just a tragic event that could've been avoided (both on the kid's part and on the home owners part).

9. I was just about to post that story but you beat me to it.

Thats crazy yo

10. yea - a lot of people (my mom for instance) would immediately associate a story about shrooms with marijuana though - so it does kind of hurt the whole marijuana/drug war deal

11. Sad story.

But this is why I believe we need some sort of shamanic context in Western culture for these drugs. They've been viewed as tools to just have fun for far too long. The kid was obviously on quite a large dose, being that completely disoriented and confused, and should not have been without someone to guide him through that aspect of the trip.

I fear that until attitudes change concerning drugs in Western society, especially entheogenic drugs, that this kind of stuff will continue to happen. This doesn't excuse the kid from not taking the mushrooms in the proper context and setting (obviously, because he lost his life), but I hope it'll at least make a few people wake up.

Just my $.02

12. this dude i know broke into my friends house on shrooms. he KNEW it was his friends house and didnt want to go home so he broke into HIS house. if that was my house i would have beat the living FUCK out of him.

about the story in the OP, i wouldnt know how to react.

13. hey dude, when someone breaks into your house, i hope you dont have a gun to protect yourself. I say this because if you obviously dont know shit about anything. If you read the story, the guy shot him in the arm first, and then tried to stop him without the gun. The kid was lucky to have a chance at surviving. There are millions of gun owners, and 95% of them will shoot to kill during a home invasion. The goal of defense is to stop your attacker. not slow it down. Obviously the 1 shot didnt stop him, since he got back up and bit the man. You can't blame the guy for killing the kid. he got himself killed. In fact, in the guys situation, i would have emptied the mag...

14. bro if you have some delusional person breaking into your house and you want them that you have a gun and they don't stop trying to get in than they obviously aren't reasonable and you don't know what the fuck he is going to try and do. he did not know the kid was on shrooms all he knew was the kid was not acting like a sane person and was breaking into their home. he also shot him ONCE and in the arm, i do not believe he was trying to kill him just to protect him and his family. he then wrestled with the guy instead of just shooting him again which would have been a lot easier.

is it a shame that he died? yes it is, but did that man do anything wrong? i don't think so.

this is why you have a sober sitter for this kind of stuff.

15. yeah, cause guns are the reason theres crime right? :rolleyes: your smart! lol jk, no your not

16. the first time i shroomed, i believed i could take over the world, in one night! that was only off a half quarter and smoking a quarter ounce in like 5 minutes, my thoughts were so fucked up im glad i didnt do anything retarded like this kid has.

17. Hey, FYI, gun owners are not trained to kill, but they will always have the upper hand. I dont see why your complaining. There was no crime committed with the gun, so wtf is wrong with you? BTW, yes, if you break into a gun owners home, u'd most likely get shot. you're the dumbass.

This thread alone has opened my eyes to the fact that too many ppl on grasscity have fucking stupid views.