Technic/Tekkit discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Tokeup2day, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Well I just recently really got into Technic SSP and it is a ton of fun. It's really overwhelming at first but once you just start, it all falls into place in a way. Also YouTube tutorials and the wiki help a lot.

I want this thread to be about anything related to it really. Talk about your world. Ask questions, give advice, post pictures, whatever!

I personally have a couple basic machines built, an iron furnace, generator, and an extractor. Tonight I finally built a Transmutation tablet so I'm happy about that. Not really sure where to go next though.

2. I would start working on making some klein stars and upgrading them. Also try making a power flower with energy collectors, anti-matter relays, and an energy condenser. You can generate anything with an EMC value out of thin air with these.

Also, make sure you have an alchemy bag and always bring your philosophers stone with you. It's a portable crafting table, just hit C while holding it.

Got a talisman of repair? Put that bitch in the alchemy bag, and it will repair whatever you put in the bag without eating up fuel!

3. Yeah I was going to make a talisman of repair, needed wool, sugarcane, etc, saw it was dark out and said fuck that haha. Too many werewolves and ogres haha. But ya, Klein star, alchemy bag, and talisman of repair will be next.

4. Oh yeah, and since you just got your first transmutation tablet, take 1 of every single item you have and place it in the left side of the tablet. This will teach that item to the tablet, so that you can make that item in the future using klein stars or emc fuel. You can even break down the tablet and move it elsewhere and it won't lose what it's learned

5. Yeah I started that process haha (long one) I'm teaching the important stuff first and then other stuff later on.

Any idea what the research value number means?

6. Hm, could you post a screenshot? I know one set of numbers shows the item ID, and the other is usually the EMC value.

It might be something to do with technic, I've been playing tekkit SSP, not technic. I believe technic has more features, because I haven't seen any ogres or werewolves haha

7. Yeah technic does have a couple extra mods (Treecapitator, Mo' Creatures, etc) does Tekkit include Thaumcraft? That's the magic type mod lol

Attached Files:

8. Yeah it's crazy. 21 pages of blocks and stuff. Hey do you know how to make it so when your in a chest all you have to do is click on an item to take it in and out instead of dragging it?

9. Shift-click man. Hold shift and click. Works on pretty much any version of minecraft lol

10. Oh dude thank you so much<3 you would not believe the stacks of cobble I acquire with the Destruction Catalyst lol

11. you should grab the feed the beast mod pack, its litterally this but on the most updated version of mineccraft

12. I love the destruction catalyst almost as much as I love quarries. DC just fills up my inventory too damn quick when I'm already carrying stacks and stacks of redstone. I like quarries because they mine night and day and sort all my items into chests.

I've thought about trying out feed the beast. I just don't want to start all over on my current world. Unless I could just move the world file into FTB? I don't know if it would work

13. Yeah the amount of cobble you acquire is insane. I'm not far along enough yet to make a quarry though I don't think

14. [quote name='"x420xImNotSober"']I love the destruction catalyst almost as much as I love quarries. DC just fills up my inventory too damn quick when I'm already carrying stacks and stacks of redstone. I like quarries because they mine night and day and sort all my items into chests.

I've thought about trying out feed the beast. I just don't want to start all over on my current world. Unless I could just move the world file into FTB? I don't know if it would work[/quote]

Pretty sure you can, just make a back up incase it doesn't work trying to swap.

15. Holy fuck this dark matter furnace is amazing

16. What does it do? I was reading the EE tutorial and got up to the part where you make dark/red matter, and all I've been doing is making power flowers to up my EMC generation, generating dark matter/diamonds to feed my klein star omega

17. Smelts a stack in like 2 minutes plus doubles it