teachers getting C&C permits

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mosesnumb, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Not at all and I fully endorse it

2. Well if nothing else it'll sure keep those little fuckers in check

3. If nothing else it will be peace of mine.

4. If that's what you need to sleep at night.

5. Agree to disagree. Nothing personal. Where i was raised, small town Idaho, guns are exceptable. I honestly had a pistol in my back pack at school everyday my senior year, this Kid threatened to kill stone kids made a list and everything, i was on the list. The kid was capable and they didn't expel him.

6. And i saw the list. That same kid got caught shooting cows and pigs in the eyes and shit.

7. Your what?

Oh, nevermine.

8. Not personal at all man I understand where you're comin from. I'm not advocating any kind of gun restrictions at all, its your right to carry a gun.

Personally I think its a huge responsibility and one I don't really want to have. I carry a knife and if that's not enough o well haha

9. O i didn't have a permit. And don't feel the need to carry one. I have a few guns in my truck but that's because i carry a rifle at work incase i need to protect a cow or something. I had that gun my senior year verse i visualized that kid shooting me in class. And i figured he deserved to be shot more than me if he tried to kill me like he planned. Like i said, this kid is sick. I woulda been expelled if caught but i figured it was worth it.

10. Mind...my bad.lol

11. Obviously you didn't have a permit you weren't 21 in hs haha

12. Yupp.lol i was raised with guns though. Not that it makes it right. I have had a gun pulled on me at a rodeo. not a good experience

13. Because that "little benefit" is the difference between a body count of 1 and a body count of 26. And also that "little benefit" could save atleast a few lives and can you put a price on life? Especially a child's life who never had the chance to actually live.

14. A body count of one?

How do you know what would have happened that day? How do you know a teacher with a gun would've happened to be close to where he opened fire to take him out?

What if he takes out a few teachers that have a gun? Now he has more guns to do whatever the hell he wants with it.

You can't predict what will happen in a crazy situation like that. How can you prove that it would have had any effect?

15. I get your point, but the extra weapons thing is kinda bullshit. Can you name a single one of these types of massacres where the shooter didn't already have a full arsenal. Most already have at least 3 guns on them, and are familiar with the gun and know how to reload it quickly. Picking up an extra gun they're not familiar with would be useless.

16. Ok take that point out I was stretching a bit haha.

Seriously though I don't think a few armed teachers will deter someone who isn't thinking rationally to begin with.

Like I said I when I think of this I think of my little old elementary school teacher with a smith and wesson revolver on her hip and I laugh

17. Okay, I'm with the idea that teachers should be able to have a gun with a permit but to obtain this luxury they'd have to go through preparedness drills, psychological tests, etc. But here's an easier route: I think there should be police officers from the local police dept. in every building that kids are taught in. Their office should be in the very front of each building. There should be monitors in their office that is always showing the confines of their building. In the main office of each school, the doors should be locked after the kids get to school and the person in the main office should have a button to let someone in the door. Other than that all the other doors should be locked and never unlocked. The only door that should be unlocked is the very front of the building where the police officers office is. Each police officer should patrol their hallways a few times during each period. When each period ends, each police officer should stand outside their doors and watch over the kids. There should also be a small building in the very front of the campus on the main road to it. In that building should be a police officer that sees everyone coming in and going out during school hours. There should be mechanical arms on each side of the building to stop people and let people through. That police officer should have a radio, so when he lets someone through, he lets the person in the main office know that someone is coming. So that way when someone comes on to campus undetected, the person in the main office will know not to let them in.

18. That's not really realistic though. You want a guard shack at every school?

You just gotta accept crazy shit happens in life that you aren't going to be able to prevent. If its not a school tomorrow it'll be another movie theater or a park or an office building.

There are some sick assholes out there. The best thing you can do is live your life and don't let them win

They're winning because you're so afraid it will happen to you. Chances are it won't so stop being scared and say fuck you asshole I'm gonna still go to the mall, or movies or park or wherever.

19. It's pretty realistic if you paid for it by taking away wellfare from a few crackheads and fuckups and only giving social security and Medicaid to people over sixty which I believe is the only way social services would be right. But I wouldn't accept one of my nieces or nephews getting shot getting an education. I'd be happy to pay a little extra in taxes knowing that it was going to education.

20. There was a guard shack at my high school with this old ass guy we called "Birdman". But there wasn't at my middle or elementary school which is completely fucked. I think there should be one at every school.