teachers getting C&C permits

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mosesnumb, Dec 29, 2012.

1. We have one for our school district. No way we could have one per school.

2. Wow that is small

3. This is the part where everyone goes 9/11 and the TSA gets brought into schools.

4. And we lay off a few teachers a year. So paying for another school cop would not be possible.

5. The evidence suggests otherwise. Most of these planned mass murder-suicides are in gun-free zones. They ARE considering other people who have guns. I know where you're coming from, but you've got your idea wrong. You're basically saying they don't care if they die.

But you're wrong. They do care. They PLAN on dying. Their entire plan is murder-SUICIDE. When someone there has a gun, they run the chance of being incapacitated. The chance of getting non-lethally wounded and going to prison. They're no longer a "martyr" or "going out with a bang" or whatever fucked up psychotic shit they believe in their heads. They'd have to deal with consequences.

And I don't think anyone's advocating arming anyone. They're not handing guns out to all the teaches and making them carry them. Just that someone who is armed and trained shouldn't be discredited for the good they could do because they're not a policeman. Have you never seen the stories where police are in huge gunfight with hundreds of bullets fired and the suspect's only hit a couple of times? I don't think a knowledgeable, gun toting teacher is any more unreliable than a police officer.

And it's not like the kids are just gonna be running willy-nilly in the classroom. They're going to be huddled together in the corner you can't see from the door, according to protocol. As for crazy teachers, what's to stop them from going into to the classroom and shooting the kids up now? It's clearly possible, so why doesn't it happen?

Letting someone who knows how to use a gun safely and accurately carry that gun is hardly jeopardizing anyone's safety.

6. Exactly my point. What if it isn't a gun free zone

7. I approve for elementary schools because of the defenseless kids. But its bad in school with older children because armed teachers and crazy teens who might also be armed probably wont go well. And whos to say the next adam lanza cant be a schoolteacher? Maybe its just better to keep guns out. One or 2 armed police officers should be enough

8. But thats not always possible. Ya no need in high school. I agree.

9. #69 Raoul Duke II, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012
    Not trying to say Police are incompetent but just the fact that you're a police officer doesn't mean you're much better suited to handle a situation like this.

By-standers injured by police

Excluding the suspect, nine people were injured during this shootout and all of them were by one policeman
    There's a video of the shooting right at the top of the page. Watch it. It's only 16 seconds and the gunfight's only the last 6 seconds. Watch the cops.

The one that stays on the left remains calm and hits the guy numerous times, but the policeman that goes to the right dances around like a goddamn deadie bear firing 9 shots off wildly with one hand wounding several bystanders. Just look at where he's shooting: exactly in the direction where most of the bystanders ran off to. I bet he hit at least one of those guys on the bench.

We should rely on these people, and only these people? I think firearm incompetency has nothing to do with with whether or not you wear a badge.

10. Yeah that cop was a fool but that's not a problem with all cops. I agree that LEOs aren't always gonna be best but at least it is an armed distraction and someone to quickly call backup.

11. In my district we have at least one armed officer in every middle school and high school and they've added a couple more since the newtown shooting

12. [quote name='"Raoul Duke II"']

The evidence suggests otherwise. Most of these planned mass murder-suicides are in gun-free zones. They ARE considering other people who have guns. I know where you're coming from, but you've got your idea wrong. You're basically saying they don't care if they die.

But you're wrong. They do care. They PLAN on dying. Their entire plan is murder-SUICIDE. When someone there has a gun, they run the chance of being incapacitated. The chance of getting non-lethally wounded and going to prison. They're no longer a "martyr" or "going out with a bang" or whatever fucked up psychotic shit they believe in their heads. They'd have to deal with consequences.

And I don't think anyone's advocating arming anyone. They're not handing guns out to all the teaches and making them carry them. Just that someone who is armed and trained shouldn't be discredited for the good they could do because they're not a policeman. Have you never seen the stories where police are in huge gunfight with hundreds of bullets fired and the suspect's only hit a couple of times? I don't think a knowledgeable, gun toting teacher is any more unreliable than a police officer.

And it's not like the kids are just gonna be running willy-nilly in the classroom. They're going to be huddled together in the corner you can't see from the door, according to protocol. As for crazy teachers, what's to stop them from going into to the classroom and shooting the kids up now? It's clearly possible, so why doesn't it happen?

Letting someone who knows how to use a gun safely and accurately carry that gun is hardly jeopardizing anyone's safety.[/quote]

You made a lot of good points man and if there was some sort of test they had to pass then I could see maybe a principle carrying one but I still don't think teachers should be allowed to carry a gun in the classrooms.

I really think that would add more trouble then it would take away.

13. give everyone in the US a gun, criminal, illegal immigrant. children.
    and we will just fight it out for one day, black friday as a national holiday.

whatever solution would make the best movie is the best idea imo.

14. Sad state of affairs when we have to consider arming teachers.... :sigh: The earth shall purge itself of this virus soon enough.

15. Those ridiculous tests are stressful enough, no way you consider cheating when you have Clint Eastwood watching over you.

Sorry but I wouldn't put my kid in some military base to learn.

16. So you would feel comfortable letting a guy with 2 pistols walk into you're childs school with no one to stop him?

17. Those kids who got shot in CT didn't need much protection?

18. #78 HBGBUB, Dec 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012
    Ill take my chances with that not happening rather then let teachers have guns in school. It's just unnecessary

[quote name='"MysteryRoach69"']

Those kids who got shot in CT didn't need much protection?[/quote]

What about every other incident that a crazy person has opened fire on people.

Look at the dude who went into that mall last year and shot everyone. There are cops with guns there and he still did it. You can't stop these people from doing fucked up shit no matter what you do.

You really don't think arming elementary school teachers is a little over board?

19. IF someone has a gun they can kill whoever is shooting innocent people, rather than letting that crazy person kill more innocent people.

I don't think teachers should be armed. There should be armed guards if anything.

I don't really support compulsory public education either.

20. [quote name='"MysteryRoach69"']

I don't think teachers should be armed. There should be armed guards if anything.

[/quote]

Then you haven't read the thread because that's what I've been saying the whole time