Tds / Ppm issue way to high what could be causing this?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Happy Haze, Dec 13, 2018.

1. I checked my TDs and it said 171.. I'm thinking okay cool.. then I notice in the corner it says x10.
    1710 ppm!?
    I used distilled water.
    I used maxigrow.
    A cap full of ph up/down if needed
    And I sprinkled a little bit of root powder on the starter cube.
    What's causing this?
    Will this kill the plants?
    I'm flushing for now.
    Spring water this time.

Edit: 1950 after the water settled down[​IMG]

2. Do you know you're feeding in the right pH, because that's the most important detail.

If there's nothing wrong you see with the plants visually, you're good most likely. Cheap ppm meters are also extremely inaccurate.

3. More info and a pic is required. What medium, how old, pH, etc.?

4. I use a blue lab truncheon ppm it's the best by far. I'm sure there is a calibration solution for ppm ec

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

5. I'm using general hydroponics maxigro
    And I put the TDs meter in that and got about 2300 so I guess I just over fertilized.
    There grown in rockwool and hydration rocks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

6. You never mentioned the age of the plant, but 1/2 tsp. per gallon of MaxiGrow would be about the most I would go.

7. About 10 days. I'm running 1tsp in 2.5 gal

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

8. Is your PPM OK before the plant starts drinking it but increases after? If that's the case then the plant is drinking more water than it is nutes. With less water and more nutes in the mix, ppm of course goes up. If your ppm goes down, it means your plant is drinking more nutes than it is water, and that your ppm could stand to go up. Ideally it'd remain the same from day to day, but I don't think that level of perfection is entirely possible.

9. We need a pic. That amount would not be a high ppm. There's something else in play.