Taxes, Welfare and Freeloading.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by IceCreamKidd, Jan 10, 2003.

?

you thoughts.

1. Eliminate welfare, assisted living, HUD housing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. These people need it, Give more people aid, Bill the U.S.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. We need universal HealthCare and I am willing to pay higher taxes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Toured Europe? yes TouristS!!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Im not in the USA and dont give a damn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In my state its going on the ballot to raise the taxes, they want to put these monies toward welfare, unemployment and other AIDS.

Its aches me to meet people who are basically living off the system. Ive known people who have toured Europe because they qualified for financial aid here in the US. They will openly admit (to me) about how they love all the handout and if you just work it you dont fall through the cracks.

I know a girl. Who in her young years of her life just decided she didnt want to work anymore, because once you have a kid, you can get on welfare, food stamps, assisted living. She doesnt have to actually earn her money & she is bringing a person into this world who is going to have a horrible mother.

we need more failsafes, to get rid of ____, to fix ____ etc etc.

!!!!!!

2. Around here there are alot of women who have kids to up their welfare checks.. I don\'t think this is right..

Tennessee has passed a new law. If you are on welfare and have a child, you have to get your tubes tied or they will take you off the welfare.. I agree with this law..

Higher taxes should go to giving all the people in the state health care..

3. Wow. I also agree

4. That\'s a great idea! I\'m all in favor of this.

5. I think the idea of this law is to make you think about if you really need the welfare that badly. You might not be aware of it (damn Aussies :) ) but people taking advantage of welfare and milking the system has become a large problem here in the States.

*Edit*

But I do understand your feelings on the matter friend. :)

6. I see what your saying friend. I think the problem is lying in the people that don\'t want a job. They\'d like to just sit back and have the government take care of them. I agree that our welfare should be going to people who need it....And if they do, then I have no problems with it. But it irks me to no end when they are on welfare and are capable of going out and finding gainfull employment. You have a great weekend too Critter!!

7. I agree that under normal circumstances the government shouldn\'t have any say over how many children one has. Yet, some people tend to take serious advantage of the systems we have in place, so it may be necessary.

Bud Head, I didn\'t know that they passed the law. I think it\'s a good idea. There are women all over TN who have more children simply to get additional money from the government. Some wouldn\'t dream of marrying the fathers of their children because then they\'d lose their benefits or have them decreased. I am certainly not talking about all single mothers on assistance because there are many out there who need and deserve the help. That\'s part of my point. There are so many taking advantage that those who really need the help can\'t get it.

It is very frustrating to understand that there are so many people out there who can\'t work and desperately need assistance yet they can\'t get it because it isn\'t available due to freeloaders. There are elderly people barely making it on the Social Security checks that they have worked their whole lives for who can\'t get additional assistance to make ends meet Yet, people in their 20\'s who are healthy and strong are getting government checks every month and are living well.

It just doesn\'t seem fair.

8. Could you actually imagine the crime rate without a benefits system in place?
    No system is perfect wherever you live, and there will always be people who are willing to take advantage of any benefits system. However where the system fails is when someone is caught cheating the penalties are virtually non existant, that i cannot agree with.

9. We give them jobs and they aren\'t happy.. don\'t make enopugh money..

Some of the oes around here, Get divorced so the woman can draw welfare and the daddy can fuck off.. They have more kids so they can draw more money..

Example..

Married couple trying to make it but have welfare benefits..

They get 750 dollars a month per child..

Divorced with welfare taking care of the bills...

Welfare pays for low income housing..light bill...30.00 dollars a month for phone bill..Then they get 1500.00 dollars a month for the woman and 1200.00-1500.00 dollars a month per child an free health care.. What do you think these lasy assses do? The more kids you have the more money you can get!

10. i skimmed through the post so most of this might have been covered before, but

yeah, im all for welfare, etc etc, helping the ones that need it and such, but there are so many people that do it out of just being plain lazy, its not that they arent educated, or anything like that, its just that they want free money, and most of them have no quams about it, they will tell you straight up..

and then when they get their foodstamps and checks..what do they buy?
    twinkies, ding dongs, ice cream, chips, dip..etc etc etc...when they should be buying formula for their baby, or meat and bread, milk..get the staples..not the shit. ive seen that so many times that it pisses me off...oh well.

and it is a major problem...especially around here..lazy bastards fuck it up for the people that need it...then they cant get it..

11. i believe the solution lies in the problem
    the problem is these people wont work

start a program, and if education is the problem, then educate them, get them a job.

12. The solution to the problem........

Help all those who are willing to help themselves..

Let nothing come for free.

Fire all polititions and take away all their money but what they need to survive ike the rest of us..

If the mothers aren\'t willing to help care for their children then take the children and put them in good homes where they can and will be taken care of..

I am always helping people who will help themselves. That is the way to make lasy assed people at least try to do right..

Hell it\'s 43% of the money I make that is used for all this type of stuff.. There are timees I could use a little help but I\'m not on the list..

So Critter I agree with you to the point of just keeping people up because they refuse to do anything to help themselves or their children..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.