Tattooworks Butane vs Vector

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Ober, Nov 27, 2011.

1. So i picked up a case of Tattooworks before doing enough research, basically drank the coolaid that the company gave about Lava (which may all be true but its definately NOT a good BHO butane in my opinion)

The Tattooworks butane comes out EXTREEEEEEMLY clean compared to the vector when you do a mirror test, like 1/5th the leftover foggy mess... BUT Tattooworks has a VERY strong smell of Propane that even after a very good, over heated, over purged leftover product - will still smell of propane...

so i find it kinda sad that they make a butane that by all means LOOkS cleaner, leaves a much weaker footprint, almost not visible yet they ruin it with the butane warning smell (which i think they got mixed up with the propane warning smell! its fuckin nasty, i could barely handle sittin there durring the blasting period, let alone every time it wafted inside, the whole time i was vac purging i wanted to puke, its fuckin NASTY)

it may have produced a good product, may be cleaned, but its only worth touching if you LOVE the smell of propane or want to fill your lighter, cause by the looks of it - it will be amazing for lighters..

Vector - always good product and for me is nearly impossible to find the smell of once its been hot tap water purged, after that i have a really hard time smelling it anymore and the resulting product is basically identical, possibly a few more PPM of contaminants but atleast you dont feel like your huffin a bottle of propane just to work around it...

i had read also that the propane smell didnt carry over for others, this shit carried over so much that even after about 10x vac purges (~26hg) as hot as 220 degrees double boiled in a jar and heat gun treated from above and left out over 48 hours the stuff still smells so fuckin strong i cant work with it without gagging.... with vector i can clean that stuff up with 2-3 vac purges at 130 with heat gun (material never going over 135 degrees, using a digi surface thermometer) and have it pass a burn test and smell like nothing within a few hours let alone waitin a few days....

just wanted to put my 2c, cause noone seems to be testing it from what i can tell - lava is gone and tattooworks has NOT replaced it as far as BHO is concerned heh.. but again - for lighters its probably awsome..

Good Luck in your adventures, remember, ALWAYS BLAST OUTSIDE!

2. I Just bought a can of this shit and HATE it.

Just like your saying, it's disgusting. I almost gag EVERYTIME I gotta fill up my torch and the smell lingers like a motherfucker haha. I can still smell it five minutes later.

Didn't do a mirror test because right off the bat I knew I would never run it for bho. I expected it to be super low quality because of how bad it smells, but that really sucks if it's better then vector and is just ruined by the odorizers. Post some pix of the product you made.

3. oh i made it from trim so it was green but it was the same color green as the vector with the same trim - side by side, they reacted the same just smelt different, my camera isnt good enough to even take the pic unfortunatly - it can do like crappy ones you cant get any detail from but ive tried so many times to get a good pic of it, which brings me to the question, does anyone know of a badass camera for a really reasonable price that would be capable of taking some NICE shots, closeups and quality enough to actually focus on my stuff.. i would greatly appreciate the info :p

but yea you can smell that stuff linger for a looooong time... at like 50 hours now and its nasty smell, looks fine for old trim but im putting it into my roomates omicron, he smoked the moldy shit last time and said it tasted good (knowingly) and said he would be happy to take this too so i was like, its YOURS! tho im gona keep it for a few more days just to smell it...

im going to TRY to beg a cigar store to trade me, maby give the case tattoo +$10-20 for vector or something heh, the tatooworks cost me 75 while the vector only cost me 60, the tattoo only gives you 300ml while vector gives you 320..... it sucks on every level....

even funnier that someone who used it for lighters doesnt like it, i guess the idea is for safety when filling a lighter that may be bleeding or something, but my god they put WAY to much of that odorizer

4. I just got the same results but didnt know why. Fuck that tattooworks I was wondering why it was smellin so horrible but it was 5 bucks a can and vector was 8.55 and farther away. Thanks for that lil bit of info man much help be easy.

5. Damn^ and I thought my area was expensive for tane.

I copped that tattowprks for 2.50 a can at a ghetto smoke shop down the block. But I have to drive twenty miles and spend 6 dollars a can for vector.

6. theres fake tattooworks brands, if tattoo works was 2 words and depending on what decorations that were on it and the color of the cap, you can get them on Fleabay or whatever its called and they are fake tattooworks (dono why you would wanna fake CRAP tho) -- but the real stuff is mostly sold by the old Lava portal online and its about $75 a case with shipping... CRAP! CRAP CRAP! heheh

sad thing tho that the mirror tests are still visible on my mirror and the real tattoo is still invisible, the vector looks terrible as all hell and the power 5 i sprayed recently looks like the vector but only in an outline form not the whole visible legs...

wierd that the stuff we trust most has the worst mirror test hah, but who knows whats really showing up on that mirror, could be completely inert...

7. Is this the real deal.?

Attached Files:

8. doesnt look like the ones i have, for one they have a cap that has a transluscent 5X Etched into it (your cap not showing so not sure) and 5X written in a few different places, tho that picture is on the front of the box on my Case, its not the design on any of the bottles, all designs anywhere on the bottles i have say "By Jeff Couillard"

the actual maker is "Zhuoye Lighter (USA) Ltd."

also i was told the real ones are black bottle, which mine were a case from the origional US distributer as far as i know, and that the fake ones were the red bottle, had never seen them but that looks exactly like a fake in my opinion...

also made in China...but that probably is too hah...

9. I also just recently tried Power 5, it smelled about 20-30% as bad as the tattoworks... its a strong propane odorizer smell....

so i dont suggest Power 5 either for oil..... unless you dont care about smell...

Again it came out cleaner on the test than vector, make legs but they werent filled in while vector made completely visible legs...

i donno, the vector recently made the best TASTING and Smelling stuff ive EVER HAD IN MY LIFE! oh my GOD it was good... if you ever get ahold of a good batch of Cactus Cooler, make some oil... its soooooooo goooooood, over 15 years of smoking pot and that was the most distinct flavor ive ever had, not the BEST cause i like skunks and it was a fruity flavor but oh my it tasted like i was eating a flower/fruit at once... never had an oil taste so much like the strain smelled - and i bitched about the stuff before i tasted its oil, was just mid grade outdoor to me...

10. Just to bump, i should have searched, this shit sucks. My bho smells, its clean very pure but the odor is bad.