Tattoos to cover scars?

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by Cruizer, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Hey guys, kinda new to this section but I've grown more interested in tattoos simply for aesthetic reasons.

I have a few scars on my abdomen that I'm not fond of (they're about the size of a raisin each) and was wondering if tattooing over the scars would work/hide them. Would it be bad/impossible to actually tattoo a scar? Would it be better to revise the scars then tattoo over them? For those of you that have had the same solution, did it work to your effect? Any advice?

Thanks in advance

2. Depends If the scar is puffed out or smooth. I have one on my arm from a motorcycle wreck and you can feel a slight hump when you move across it. So I wouldn't get one there.

But if there as small as you say I'm sure it would be fine, but probably better to talk to a tattoo artist.

3. It takes an artist of considerable skill to properly ink over scars. As said above, the difficulty to accomplish such depends largely on the area you're looking to cover. However, I've known a couple people who were capable of doing amazing work in areas that most others couldn't complete any quality work on.

I guess, in short - though not the easiest task, it's certainly possible - and I see that as just fine'a solution if you have confidence in your tattoo artist. :)

4. A tattoo artist would be able to tell you 100% whether or not it'll work, but for a lot of scars it does work. But like said, if they're thick ropey scars, obviously that can't be covered.

5. this is a question ive been wondering for a while. i used to cut myself.. not bad but a lot.. all always on my legs. i want to get some sickk tattoos to cover them up.

6. There will probably be some artists who will make you a tattoo even if they shouldn't do it; go to few artists for more answers but I think you'll be able since the scar "healed". Good luck