tattoos dedicated to a band, movie, other obsession?

Discussion in 'General' started by FeralHybrid, Jun 17, 2012.

1. was wondering if you guys had tats dedicated to any of your favorite things. like a band logo or a tattoo your fave character had in a film or TV show or a quote from your favorite song or movie/show?

I have five tattoos. one is the quote La Tua Cantante which is a Twilight reference (but has more personal meaning; I'm actually not all that much of a Twilight fan) and the most recent one- a few hours away from six days old- is a very meaningful one to me.

[​IMG]

the tribal design is the exact place and tattoo my favorite character from Buffy the Vampire Slayer- Faith- had on her right bicep.

about two weeks ago, I tweeted the actress who played Faith- Eliza Dushku- and told her about how six months ago, I was about to OD on pills and realized I'd yet to watch the series finale of a show she did in '09/'10 called Dollhouse. so I thought if I was gonna die, I should watch it. after I did, I didn't want to die as badly as I did before. so, basically, she kinda inadvertently saved me.

she tweeted me back and said, quote, 'wow. Stay with us, baby. Sending u love!'

which is why I added 'stay with us baby' above Faith's tribal tattoo.

so how about ya'll? any tats dedicated to celebs, shows, movies, bands, etc?

2. Cool deal as long as a person really enjoys the tattoo it shouldn't matter what other people think..

Do you cut? looks like you do and it looks like a big problem. Maybe get a sleeve tattoo to cover those scars up.?

3. Damn depressing story.

but i have one dedicated to the grateful dead,

[​IMG]

This is my first and only tattoo. Got it in may. The pic was taken literally right when i got home from getting it, hence why it's all red and whatnot.

While the grateful dead have changed my life through their music, it also represents what they've done for me and my friends. Without their music i wouldn't be the same person i am today and i wouldn't have the same friends i have today so im definitely grateful for what they've done.

4. Dude you should talk to someone about the self harm thing..

Its no good and not a good outlet for emotions.

5. tbh, i think all my tattoos will be fairly "meaningless."

i've wanting ink since middle school, but never got anything until i was 22. i was waiting for the right thing to pop in my head, and one day zoning out at work i got an image. after looking around a bit, i realized the image was a wooly mammoth. so, i sat on it for a while... and i now have a wooly mammoth on my thigh. :) it has meaning to me, but not something i can put into words. i like that.

6. I actually have 2, both dedicated to the band Bayside. I have their band logo my ribs, and I have a quote on my chest line. "There's more to life than living"

7. yeah idk why i don't want a tattoo with meaningful words or anything. While my dead bolt means something to me, thats not the only reason i got it. My next one i want a really cool design of a wizard... just like your mammoth, it has a meaning to me but i really couldn't explain...ever. I have a weird fascination with wizards for some reason :smoking:

8. I hate when people say tattoos need meaning. Fuck that, I'll tattoo whatever I want on myself.

9. Its about thinking ahead bro..

You may want this now..

but will you want this later?

Of course youll tell yourself you will but.. will you?

And something meaningful will mean something to you longer than something thats not meaningful/doesnt remind you of anything.

10. [quote name='"I Grow Dro"']

Its about thinking ahead bro..

You may want this now..

but will you want this later?

Of course youll tell yourself you will but.. will you?[/quote]

Oh of course! But that still doesn't mean it needs to mean something. Trust me I do think ahead haha

11. Word. Basically when anyone asks about why I got the tattoo, my only answer is "mammoths are badass." I really don't have much better a reason than that, but I love it.

I am considering a full lego scene... like from the cover of an old box. Just because legos where the shit when I was little. :smoke:

12. #12 wsrd4b2, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2012
    I have a dragon's face tattooed on me. It's not finished yet, but I'm seriously thinking about turning the body into a dragon from Skyrim. Maybe getting Dovakhin tattooed (small) underneath. I am the Dragonborn.

I forgot, music lyrics. I was thinking about getting "you are the smell before rain, you are the blood in my veins" somewhere, from the great band Brand New. I also have been thinking about getting "I relive my pain with every scar, it's a battlefield of memories that just won't go away for me" on my forearm, but I think there is waaaay too much scar tissue to get inked.

13. i think they are totally cool
    [​IMG]
    im planning on getting this done eventually, been wanting it on my upper back for years, just need to wait a little longer

14. Nope not yet, maybe later on, i already no that if i get one tat im going to end up getting a whole bunch cuz id get addicted to them :3

15. Loveeee the first lyric, definitely top 10 fav Brand New lyrics. And you can tattoo over scar tissue.

16. The whole point of a tattoo is that it means something to you right now. And even if it doesn't in the future it did at that point in your life... You know... When you got it on your skin..

17. Great way to put it! I love this explanation.

18. that what i always say. Honestly i probably will end up regretting a tattoo or two later in my life. But it meant something to me enough to get it on my body at the time and then it stands for a chapter in your life.

19. [quote name='"Blaze"']

The whole point of a tattoo is that it means something to you right now. And even if it doesn't in the future it did at that point in your life... You know... When you got it on your skin..[/quote]

Haha wonderful, :3
    Straight ownage.

20. thanks for the concern about the self-harm. unfortunately there are some things keeping me from getting help but those things'll be dealt with soon and I will get help eventually.