Tattoo

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by Oddyball, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Hey guys,

My buddy is going to give me a tat today. He's a pretty good artist, spent a lot of time in prison honing his skills. He has brand new needles - they're still in the package, he has clean cloves, peroxide and the black ink. I'm setting up shop in my room. I'm not too worried about if it doesn't come out perfect - I just want to make sure it's all clean. I've been bugging him since last night asking him if he's 100% it's all clean and he's shown me the brand new needles still all packaged up and shit. It's my OCD - I worry a lot about stupid shit.

Has anyone here had a "garage" tattoo?

2. my friend offers 5 hour tatoo sessions for a oz.

It all depends on the skill of the tatoo'ist.

His usaully turn out good if the person takes care of them.

What kind of ink is he using.

3. Not sure, I looked at it, but didn't read it.

I mean I'm setting up in my room - my parents know and shit. I got peroxide out, a table set up - clean gauze and its all good to go.

I had my other arm tatted up last year at a shop - so I kina know.

4. stupid shit?

nothing stupid about staying healthy

5. First 2 tats I ever got were done in a dudes bedroom lol homemade gun and guitar string as a needle. He clipped a new piece of the string and heated it...that was our cleaning method lol

Both came out and healed fine though. You can tell a garage tattoo from a real one. They hold more meaning though

6. I just whiped down all of his equipment with hydrogen peroxide, and cleaned the table again. Put down a clean towel and really am trying to make this process as safe and sanitary as possible. I just don't have $1,000 to give to a tat artists for a sleeve. So my buddy is gona hook it up for free - and he does some sick art. I'll post pics on here when I'm done. Let's hope it all goes smooth!!!!

7. definitely get a tattoo of your bondage freak neighbor.

8. DONT MOVE!

ah sshit u moved.. uhh.. i guess i fucked your tat...

9. dont worry one bit . I got a tattoo in a Mexican trailer park ( not trying to offend anyone ) .
    all the guy did was throw me a new needle and told me to take it out its wrapper so id know it was fresh . put some deodorant on my arm and than put the picture i wanted on that , somehow the picture got on my arm lol . Then he dug in . its an awsome tat , no flaws at all :D

but anyway dont worry about it . If your afraid of the pain , personally i think it feels good .

10. #10 Oddyball, Oct 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2008
    heres our work station

[​IMG]

11. Your homie is hooking you up with a whole sleeve for free??:confused:??

Either he owes you big, or you'll owe him one big IOU.

Anyway, post pics when done plz. :D

12. looks legit. just make sure thats good black ink. the kind that doesn't fad to green after awhile. lol

13. ...

That's a rather subjective statement. I personally would rather pay for something at a shop and know the whole time that my tattoos are going to be perfect and know that the black ink wont fade...

That and not having to worry about hep c.

14. Brand new needle, and I rubbed down all of his equipment with hydrogen peroxide and soap. Clean environment, towels, gloves, soap, water, etc.

15. this is wat it will look like

[​IMG]

16. I'm not saying that every garage tattoo is bad, there are certainly some very exclusive artists that tattoo at their own homes, however, it would not be an outlandish thing to say that sometimes garage tattoos turn out less than perfect.

17. oh no know wat ur saying im just saying i think we r doin a clean job. :)

18. is the tattoo finished?