Tattoo ideas for a first timer

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by Hannah Leigh, Feb 18, 2014.

1. I'm so scared to get a tattoo. As I am 18,I'm extremely scared of getting a tattoo and it being messed up,or after I have it, no longer like it. I have narrowed it down to a couple of them and they have meaning behind them that I feel I can relate to or like. If you have any other ideas please send them in.! Thanks :) ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1392684053.594391.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1392684113.959371.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1392684178.942443.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. I lost track of how many i have now.....

Honestly... unless it is something that really "does it for you" ...... just make it something small... easy to cover later should you decide to do so...

3. You say you're scared to get a tattoo; why are you getting one at all, unless you know exactly what you want, where you want it, and why?
    I have 3 small tattoos now (first one at 18), & about to get some additional work done on the 2 older ones.
    I would never want get a tattoo that I wasn't 100% excited about, or that didn't have special personal meaning to me.
    I'd suggest you don't feel rushed into getting one until you really are ready. Take as much time as you need to get it right, you'll have it for life.

4. An sinister female wolf riding a motorcycle, Kind like this except the album the concept art comes from is pretty shitty.  :bongin:

[​IMG]

5. I know what I want now forsure! It took a little time but my family approves. (They usually don't like piercings or tattoos) but what I'm scared of the most is someone messing it up or not being able to survive the pain of getting the tattoo. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. They all hurt..... some just tend to hurt a bit more than others....

Can tell you simple designs tend to hold up best over time... tho a good artist can pull off almost anything...

Most important is after care...
    Over due the ointment and cause thick scabs...pull out ink...

7. Also, do some research into the studio/artist. Make sure they're clean and professional. Check out other jobs they've done.
    There's some pain, but nothing you can't handle. It's worth it, as long as you're happy with the work. If that's true, chances are you'll want another one before long...

8. #8 temporarytattoo, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
    While getting tattoed it pains a bit but after looking the tattoo work we will feel amazed and as what we had desired we are getting. Even i was also afraid at my first tattoo but after tattooing my nervousness flewed away, but you are too young now to get tattooed aftr your 20th age you can try it out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have also been thinking in time before making a tattoo. I am possibly the most cautious person ever. I once had someone draw me up a tattoo, which I then taped to the head of my bed so I could look at it every night & see whether I got sick of it.Custom tattoos are really great when they are designed properly, not as this http://tattoo-journal.com/60-t... so my deciding would be deliberate .

• Like Like x 2
  10. Not every tattoo has to have a meaning. You can get a small ink badge and be like "I got this one because I said fuck it and wanted it"
    now a big piece IMO should have a lot of thought in it.
    I'm designing my sleeve with a 5 claw dragon for my heritage and because it'd look cool as fuck

• Like Like x 1
  11. Here is mine.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Cool idea I might say! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Never thought about all this things is such way :thumbsup:
    I'm thinking about making a tattoo for a long time but I still haven't decided yet :confusedalt: Now I think it's mainly because of that choice of its meaning, especially considering that it's a permanent thing :rolleyes: Anyway I think that if I make this decision, I'll choose smth small and elegant for the first time like on this photo from HairStylezz :D
    Also I adore different symbols and Japanese hieroglyphs for the tattoos :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yea lotus's are nice. My gf has a lotus tatted in the dead center of her torso.
    Look up black work. They're pretty cool designs

14. Don't rush your design choice, meet with your artist before your appointment to discuss what you want

Also place the tattoo in a coverable position... That one that is up the neck is nice but it might bother you after awhile, I'd suggest just putting it lower

I always tell people it feels like a prolonged cat scratch, so whatever that means to you

15. Lol reported advertising is against the rules dude unless you're a sponsor here..

16. Also who tf pays someone to design a tattoo?? Your tattoo artist should be doing that as part of the price for the work you're having done.. I've never paid any extra for a design to be made & I'm covered in tattoos :laughing::laughing:

17. Damn that looks dope dude.. I want my back doing last because I can't see it unless I look in a mirror :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  18. We have the opposite idea: I got my first tattoo on my back so I won't get tired of it. I get to appreciate it more whenever I see it in the mirror.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Lol fuck off spammer. Reported.

20. Scam reported