Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Taste of smoke

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Justweed, May 29, 2009.

1. Any way to make it better? I use a bubbler, so would using gatorade or some juice help? I'm not sure since I only use about a cup of water in it. Would putting a bit of lemon juice with my weed help at all? Anything?

2. good weed=good taste

3. It's high end mids, however it was vacuum sealed at one point so it lost a lot of its taste (has great potency though ^^)

4. naw man, juice will make your bong pretty stickey, best stick with water... plus imo the liquid doesnt really affect the taste like at all

5. Yeah, i've seen some people shudder at the taste of mids through bubs and bongs. My advice would be to roll up a nice blunt like a grape swisher, or any type of grape wrap for that matter. I find that it really hides the taste.

6. Weed has a very delicious taste to it. A lot of other things can contribute to bad tastes when smoking it.

1. A dirty piece. Clean your glass and change that bubbler's water! Put fresh water in for every smoking session. Not cleaning a piece just makes it taste nasty.

2. Lighters. Butane lighters add a nasty taste to bud. PLEASE don't ever use a Zippo, which just pours lighter fluid onto a bowl.

3. Torching the bowl burns all the green at once and leaves a bunch of ash on top.

4. Smoke better weed. Don't buy schwag or mids. If you don't buy premium bud, splurge for once.

Try cleaning your bubbler and then smoking a small bowl in it with no water. You might notice some weed tastes that you've never had before.

I don't recommend adding much or putting anything into your bubbler besides water. In a bong, a touch of Listerine can sometimes be good, makes it a bit minty.

7. I can't smoke blunts or joints, housing situation. Not that I'm "not allowed" to smoke inside, I'm allowed to smoke inside it's just I can't have that much odor since my landlord doesn't like the smell. Hence the use of a bubbler.

I clean my bubbler regularly, and I change the water after every session.

8. I see. Well then there's really not much to do. Putting any flavored water into a bub is probably not a good idea because it gets everything sticky, and it starts to taste like shit after you smoke out of it a few times. Maybe try the listerine? I don't really know how well that would go though.

Actually I just saw you said you clean your bub regularly, so I guess putting Gatorade in it isn't that big of a deal.

9. Would putting a bit of blunt paper in the bowl help the flavor? (Burn the paper while burning the bud)

10. i wouldn't recommend it. its gonna taste like alot of paper when you hit it. Try like chewing gum while smoking or like a cough drop or something and it'll taste different.

11. But will the paper taste delicious.....?

12. I've used vitamin water, I don't know if it's any better for your bong/bubbler than juice though.

I guess I've just gotten used to the taste. I'm like in love with it now, especially really skunky shit. Mmmmmm.... if i go too long without having weed I'll dream of it....

Sorry, just zoning.:p

13. How do you clean your bubbler? If it's with alcohol, are you sure you're rinsing it out enough? Sometimes after I clean my piece, I can taste a little of the left over alcohol in the smoke when I hit it.

14. I clean it with alcohol and salt about once a month, plain alcohol once a week, and I rinse it out (with water) every other session or so. I ALWAYS dump the water though.

I'm gonna go try this with some purple gatorade. Wish me luck!

15. A bong with an Ice Chamber will smooth out the taste.......

If you can't afford another piece, put crushed ice in your bubbler along with the water, at about a 50/50 mix. The cold will definately smooth out the taste.

16. "I don't recommend adding much or putting anything into your bubbler besides water. In a bong, a touch of Listerine can sometimes be good, makes it a bit minty."

mmm listerine sounds like an interesting idea. anyone else do this?

17. With gatorade it was waaaaay better. It was cold as hell too (normally my water's tap water cold) and so that probably helped out a lot. Was way good :D

18. listerine does that not have alcohol in it?

19. My wife doesn't like the harshness of smoke, so no matter which piece we smoke out of, even if it's one of our bubblers, I put ice in it. Been doin it for years....

Smooooooth as can be.