Taoist

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by LynnParthur, Jan 25, 2013.

1. goooooooooly shiiiiiiiiiiitttt. mind= blooooooowwwwwwn

2. Anything you want to discuss about it?

What is your understanding of reality there from it?

Perhaps there's more to it to uncover than appears.

3. I've been reading about Taoism (born Catholic, now I'd say I am atheist) and I find it quite intriguing. It is the middle ground between Buddhism and Confucianism, as far as I understand it. It really opens your mind to the simplicity of life, making you more accepting and understanding of what is truly important.

“Things just happen in the right way, at the right time. At least when you let them, when you work with circumstances instead of saying, 'This isn't supposed to be happening this way,' and trying harder to make it happen some other way.”
    ― Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

4. Yes i remember when I found out about Taoism, I was thoroughly lost and confused about my role in reality for several weeks. Then it all became clear: I was lost. And it was beautiful.

5. yea dude, like things are bigger than you and me. it's US as a human race moving through time.

the leaders of society, government, etc are the alphas projecting us to our future. whether it be good or bad. they are our leaders of the human race.

but like we are just one big organism flowing through time trying to make our existence continue through time.

sorry this may have nothing to do with Taoism but i listened to Daniele Bollelies podcast and it opened my mind a lil. lol

6. Read about this a bit. Was hoping for this to be in depth because I dont really know where to start learning about it all.

7. yea sorry if the title was misleading. but i was drunk and then got high one night. and i hadn't smoked in a long time and started reading the Tao De Ching/ listening to a podcast about it and my mind was exploding and recreating only to explode again.

i'll try to do some more research/etc and post a topic about my views,what i think i've learned, etc and we can have a discussion on it

8. “He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know.”
    Lao Tzu

Rule number 1 of Tao club. Don't talk about Tao club.

/joke

9. Oops...

Your emptiness is showing.

10. ^this dude trips me out lol.

even though you seem highly spiritually grounded. Love u bro

11. I think he's just really high all of the time

12. Well lots if the times in a very unbalanced being When i had a thought of aomething that resonated well with myself the follow up thought was always "Facebook status!" (My main priority so i thought and imprinted) Gimme dat gimme dat gimme dat !

Manifestion, loss of motivation, and a forced post! Yaaaah ! *Think about it*.