Tall vertical space,,,

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by TooSicKs, Feb 19, 2003.

1. It's what i got to work with. I figure I can build one badass flowering chamber in a 3'x3'x9' space. What do you think?

Here's what i'm thinking of:

3'x3'x8' box, raised 1'4" (the room is actually 9'4 high) off floor with hole for 5 gallon bubbling bucket, corners of box will have shoplight flouro hoods stacked vertically 2 high, around 4 corners that will give me 16 - 40 watt tubes, 640 watts of sidelighting. I'll do ventilation holes at the bottom and a box fan on top and hang a hps in the center. Every surface painted white.

Could i get a 7 foot high monster tree out of a setup like that assuming my hydro system is good?

Would i get better yield growing 2 smaller plants in 4 foot stacked chambers?

I realistically have 3'6"x4'3"x9'6" so I think i got room to produce some decent yield.

Thanks for any input. i'm gonna try to start construction next month.

Peace

2. should be o.k.....what kind of ventilation do you have to the box?....if i were you i'd go with 2 smaller plants....the big ones are a pain in the ass to keep tied down.......Peace out....Sid

3. I've got all the ventilation i need. I'm gonna try a carbon filter, some ducting and a good fan or two.

Would it be a better idea to grow 2 plants side by side diagonally across the space and use 4 shoplights around each plant, maybe on a hanging system so i can adjust their height?

Thanks Sid,,,

PEace

4. it would be a good idea if you could adjust the height of the lights to suit the grow rate of the plants....also if certain parts of the plants are not getting any light, rotate the plants each day to help the lighting defficency.....Peace out....Sid

5. I agree, the trees look cool but with only one plant if its a male your fucked.

6. I plan on using a 5 gallon bubbling bucket, DWC, perlite medium and growing from clone when I do a monster tree. I'm gonna maks sure she's a she, out of current 7 trees is should have at last 1 mom-worthy tree, gonna find out any day now wether it's hairs or balls.

Thanks, PEace