tall plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by raiders420, Aug 20, 2005.

1. I have 8 plants growing, one of them has decided to outgrow the other 7. It has goten about 7 inches taller. How can I slow it down?
    when I raise the light so that it is about 10" above the top if the tallest plant, the rest are about 17" away. would it be better to pull the tallest one to the side so that it is not getting so much direct light, would that slow it down? problem is that if I do that the very top of the plant does not really get much light at all.

2. Why do you want to slow it down man, that plant is gonna yield so much bud!

3. Can you bend the stem at 7" from the top to make the top part parallel to the dirt? I bend my plants a lot to get light to lower parts. You end up with a bushy looking plant but tons of bud. The reason I'm asking instead of just telling you to do that is because you can't always bend a stem: some stems are too brittle or not strong enough.

4. if your plants aren't flowering yet, you could try and tie it down or simply top it. I ususally top all of mine to get 5+ tops growing for buds.