Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Talking to my dad about weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Rosenrot1989, Aug 13, 2013.

1. #1 Rosenrot1989, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2013
    Well I've been smoking for almost a year. I started off smoking for fun but then I realized how much it helped my anxiety and stress. I've talked to my mother about all of the benefits it has and how it has helped me. She has turned from being completely against it to basically letting me smoke. My father on the other hand is still stuck in the 1930's mentality. He still thinks it is a evil drug in the same level as some unmentionables. He accidentally smoked it once when he was younger and completely hated it. Every time I try to have a conversation with him about it he will leave and not listen. My father is the picture of a perfect American citizen. He has never broken the law, so he doesn't want me to do the same. I am a few months away from being able to get my MMJ card here in California, but in the meantime I just don't know what to do. He thinks I'm gonna end up a mentally ill addict living in the street and that makes me feel terrible. :( What can I do? He just will not listen.

2. it doesnt sound like your dad can be helped with his reefer madness mentality. mines been smokin since before i was born...he just isnt wild about me smoking. cant really talk to him about it since he thinks its so taboo (if he ever mentions pot, EVER, its always in a low hushed tone, even when its just the two of us). maybe you and your mom could talk to him about it. good luck with that, g.

3. he's just being a stubborn jackwagon....if he's not going to listen then what else can you do? if you try to bring it up then it aggravates him the best thing i would think is to continue on living your life smoking the herb and show your father that it isn't evil and that it has positives to it. showing him that it helps you in your everyday life will help his mind change

4. Just don't discuss it with him then.  I don't discuss it with my wife and she doesn't care that I use but why push someone's buttons for no reason.

5. show him the documentary "The Union:the buisness behind getting high" very informative if he doesn't understand that marijuana is harmless after watching this. just live your life bro, prove him wrong by being successful and not on the streets, he will still love you if you smoke or not