Talib Kweli interview interesting..

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by I~Rok~Donks, Jul 7, 2010.

1. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNbrMIgmu6Y&feature=related"]YouTube - US rapper Talib Kweli: I don't trust any govt![/ame]

2. intelligent MC right there.

"their time is up"

and it is. our problems as a country are majorly a derivative of our older generations' tendencies to cling to the past and resist change

3. Yea he's a pretty intelligent rapper man.

Hes speaks pure knowledge in this.

Good find, and thanks...didn't know he had a new albulm hope its good :wave:.

4. yea there needs to be more rappers like him in the limelight instead of the rappers that are in it now....

music is so influential that if more rappers like Talib were in the spotlight the youth would think more instead of trying to be a baller and stuntin....

there should be a blend....

but that's the way the music industry is, feeding the masses bullshit...

keeping people down...

perpetuating bullshit pretty much...

5. Not trying to be a dick man but the hypocrisy in this post amazes me.

6. #6 I~Rok~Donks, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2010
    explain.??

what im saying in that post is there should be a blend of rappers instead of one type...

7. Maybe I spoke to soon I mean if it were my choice id get rid of all bullshit not
    try to blend it in with some influential music or just plain good music and just get rid of all the ballers and stuntin type of shit because thats keeping people down...

8. yea but at the end of the day blending it in would be a start since some have been programmed to only listen to that stuntin shit...

9. ^well.. not to mention. i loooove intelligent hip-hop.. its my passion. but a thuggin banger is dope too sometimes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SReL0Z5kkkY]YouTube - 2pac-Tupac Ambitionz Az A Ridah[/ame]

10. #10 CABNumber, Jul 7, 2010
    You really don't understand do you?
    Hey man, don't you realize
    In order for us to make this thing work
    We gotta get rid of the pimps, and the pushers, and the prostitutes then start
    All over agian clean. ​

IDK seemed appropriate for this moment.

11. that's the thing i listen to a lot of different artist so when i say blend i mean something for everybody....

i listen to talib/yo gotti/wiz khalifa etc...

there shouldn't be a certain type that rules the airwaves, but that's how it is now apparently... i don't listen to the radio since my car only gets one station lol.

12. #12 CABNumber, Jul 7, 2010
    Yeah I got you and yeah maybe Im being hypocritical because the truth is I dig it I listen to NWA,Snoop,Brotha Lynch,2pac etc... but I mean Im talking about todays music the 21st century(with the exception of a few) its like these fool's cant even do it right without sounding like a bunch of idiots.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwcM6Oxlxw4]YouTube - Stranded On Death Row - Dr. Dre[/ame]
    we went from this.^^^

To this. VV​

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHyB_FRr4-M]YouTube - DJ Khaled "I'm So Hood"[/ame]

13. Not all mainstream rap is bad. We still have Wale,Common,Lupe,The Roots etc..

Besides even if you don't like the lil waynes and gucci mane's like myself, just remember that not long ago people were saying the exact same stuff about The NWA and Pac and Big.

And DJ khaled? Dude is a one hit wonder. So he shouldnt be mentioned.

14. Talib is not a genius but in my oppinion he certainly is alot smarter and has a better understanding of the big picture of whats going on in america politically and socially then alot of celebrities/rappers and even a significant portion of the the general population.

i like talib and his music is dope with a good message.

15. the reason for it is the music industry realized that people like "gangsta rap"..

so they just flooded the music world with it..

most of the rappers out now never lived the shit they talk about, but they glorify it to make money...

so the rappers and labels make money while impressionable youths eat this shit up..

it's all about greed at the end of the day...

16. ^everything is. politics. religion. there's money in all it and if there's money in it greed'll rule it
    @least thats how it goes in this country pretty much with in every situation

17. Anything that can be commercialized will be commercialized and it will become bad. Fortunately the Dj khaled's and such are falling off b.c. ppl are getting tired of that stale autotuned bullshit. I think hip hop is taking a turn for the better.

18. @ up
    sad but true....

doom i hear ya people are getting tired of that shit...

hopefully the change happens sooner than later...

19. No doubt man thats the way I see it and truthfully right now its at its worst and getting worse by the day greed, money, selfishness, carelessness it rules the masses but on the real I think were all gonna pay for it shit is coming crazy shit no doubt I don't no when I don't no how but it's coming.......