Talib Kweli did a concert at my school last night, and the school CUT him off!!

Discussion in 'General' started by emdyeks, Nov 4, 2007.

1. he was doing a free concert for students here, and as much as I LOVE all rap, rap concerts are not my favorite so I went with low expectations. But this was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. He did stuff from Reflection Eternal, from Quality, he did that lonely people song w/ the beat from the beatles, and I guess the town has a concert ordinance that they must end at midnight, and he went over, so in the middle of "Lonely People", they cut all the power, and the music goes off. He is standing there w/ a wtf look for a bit, and then starts throwing water EVERYWHERE, and throws the mic stand across the stage and storms off stage. I can't imagine how insulting that must be, especially to this guy who is one of the realest rappers around.

PS : They never actually said what happened, music went off, everyone (including Talib) just sat there for a minute or two confused, then he stormed off stage, no explanation, and then everyone went home, very strange. Rumor is our town has an ordinance that concerts cant go past midnight, and they cut him off when it got past midnight.

2. never heard of him

3. DAMN DUDE

that fucking sucks I would of been pissed as fuck too

why did they cut it off? any reason??

4. thats fucked up
    talib's fuckin real, doesnt rap about bullshit.

thats really disrespectful

5. Talib Kweli is awesome, one of the most talented rappers around. My goodness that is so insulting to him for a school to that. Very unprofessional.

6. boooooo i would leave the school for that one:D but on the serious note, talib is one of the few that raps about real shit, instead of screwing hoes, and being on crack all night. that really blows.

7. What aint real bout that homie?

8. What the hell man! They just cut the power off like that in the middle of the song. And he was doing the show for free? Hella disrespect.

9. That sucks... they should have at least let him finish the song. If word spreads, your school probably won't have any more big name artists.

10. Totally. He's so much better than 95% of the mindless crap out there.

11. True dat.. I love kweli, atcq, j dilla, madlib, wu tang, mf doom, the roots, etc.. real music..

12. Umm that makes no sense. Why wouldnt they let him finish his set? What school is this? Talib is amazing they cant be doin that shit, cuttin people off

13. wow smoke, how can you not know kalib?

he's got so much rep that he's known as one of the truest mofos even up in italy lol

14. you get props just because of your username. You have NO idea how big of a madlib/quasimoto fan I am.

15. MAJOR Florida school that you have certainly heard of. :eek:

16. the roots are truth man i used to wigg out on the seed n shit

17. central flo ?

18. Man I LOVE the roots! They came to my undergrad school for a free concert, absolutely amazing!

19. reps fo that man, i be crunk tho lol is ma birfday yo!

20. no way more major than that. One of the "big 3" florida football schools.