Taking back a gift bong?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by NugsNotPugs, Mar 8, 2013.

1. I am a new member here so forgive me if this belongs in a different thread. I joined grasscity to help me transition in my smoking life.

Basically I was good friends with this guy I know from College and because I could not have a bong in my dorm room I left my ROOR which set me back 170$ when I got it. Eventually I just said he could have it permanently. I am moving into an apartment where I can finally have a pipe in my own pad without worries. Recently I stopped being friends with this person because they stole from my other friend and his girlfriend. I know I gave him the ROOR, but his recent actions make me want to take it back, along with the fact that it would fulfill my desire to have a good bong in my new crib.

My question is essentially this, should I stop by his house and take my bong back, or should I get over it and just get a new one? Keeping in mind that 170$ to me is at least three to four weeks of saving up for me. Thanks for your help!

2. Don't be an Indian giver

3. you fucked up, gotta learn from your mistakes somehow

4. ya u really cant take it back

but at the same time he stole from ur buddy

i wouldnt take it back...i would steal it back

5. dont steal it back, karma will getchya

6. i hear ya man

but for me bad shit happens when i do good shit

one time i helped a guy with his car in the middle of the street
    got him going and he was happy as all hell

next morning i go to start my car to go to work and my car wont start

now hows that for karma!!
    hahahahah

if nething i guess he can buy a fake roor that looks the same and then switch em
    lol

7. This is a difficult situation... Obviously you already gave it to him as a gift and trying to get it back (even though he did screw your friends over) doesn't really make sense, because its not like he stole from you, in that case it would be reasonable to want the bong. Unless you give the bong to your friend to compensate for their loss, asking for it back doesn't make sense to me. It seems like you're trying to come up with a reason to get the bong back because you realize it was stupid to give it away. I think thats something you're going to just have to deal with, it was a mistake.

You can go over there and ask for it back, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. He'll probably look at you funny and tell you "no" even though theres some conflict with your friends going on.

Trying to "take it back" to "make up for" your friends loss doesn't make much sense when you think about it. Why? Because you have him the bong when you were friends, and he didn't steal from you directly. Even though it feels like he wronged you (which he did wrong you in a sense by hurting your friends), he didn't actually do anything to you personally.

If I gave my friend "X" a video game, and then a few months later friend "X" stole from my friend "C," is it really fair that "X" should have to give ME the video game back to "make up for" the stuff he stole from my friend "C?" No, that isn't fair and doesn't make much sense. If anything, friend "X" should give back whatever he stole, or give something else (like the video game or money) to friend "C", NOT me, to make up for what he stole.

8. i like this idea!!!!

only reason I say dont steal the bong is because I have stolen a phx from an old friend back in high school, karma knocked it over and the joint broke :mad:

9. boooo

tjhe joint on my liquid sci just brooke
    :(
    no mo vape bongin till i get her fixed
    i have to say tho, it was a very clean break

10. I feel your pain, if you have an ash catcher you can get a female joint sherlock like this [​IMG]

it makes a great little vapor bong set-up :smoking: till you can get a new bong that is

11. You could always tell him that you were gifting him the bong until you got your own apartment but it's unlikely tbh

12. thanks for the answers. I guess the logic doesn't make sense as you all mentioned. I really enjoyed the illustration btw lol. Still I may just go take it back anyway I really liked that bong and it wouldnt be hard for me to get it back if I went over there as everyone there other than the one guy are on good terms with me.

13. Dude your drawing made my day, espacially in that other thread when they were argueing about how strong a metal safe was hahaha

14. hahaha you probably shouldnt take it back,

however im not gunna say that i wouldnt take it back, i totally would.

15. thanks bro. I'm gonna start doing a lot more drawings in threads.....be my new trademark or something lol

16. just go there and toke with him, and drop the bong to the floor "accidentally" haha, you can't take it back so FUCK THIS KID smash dat shit

17. You could ask but I wouldn't expect a yes. I wouldn't even ask if you straight up said "you can have this."

Why would you tell him he can have it? Should have just asked if you could leave it there till you found a place.