Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Taking a trip to Amsterdam..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by l4liam, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Hello fello blades!:smoke:
    I'll be making the trip to Amsterdam from England in January with a friend, there's only the two of us going, and from what we've decided, we're going to be staying in one of the hotels in the city, Hotel Manofa.
    We'll be staying for three days, and I'll be taking £300 spending money, which will be for food and maryjane, my only concern is, will this be enough?...From what I've read it will be, as, from what I know, green is like £35 for a quater, which is hella' cheap.

Anyways, I'm just wanting some peoples experiences, as we have a plan in our head o literally sit in the cafes all day every day (would this be acceptable?), and can we smoke around the city, like, in public?

My only other question is, what time do the cafes close? As we won't be going out clubbing/drinking, I'd rather save my money, so if the cafes close, say at 9pm, would we be able to smoke back in our hotel room/take edibles back, or is this not allowed?

Replies would be appreciated, cheers:)

2. 300 should be fine for 3 days if your not going to go to any tourist stuff like the Heineken brewery.
    I wouldn't smoke in public if I were you. I went to see radiohead there a few years ago and that was the only time I saw people smoke in a public place and I've been a few times. Its perfectly acceptable to sit in a coffee shop all day. If you are going to stay in the same one I think its always respectful to buy things other than weed in there and to tip and any staff. This means if you want to go back the next day you will be instantly welcomed and staff will be even more helpful and friendly. They stay open quite late i think. I dont know exact times as we stayed in hostels and often spent our evenings chilling with other guests.
    Its highly unlikely your hotel will let you smoke in your room. This is why I always stay in hostels as most are smoker friendly. Edibles should be no problem though.

3. I would stay in a Hostel, for the cheapness and to meet some randoms...but the thought of sleeping in a room with randoms is a little off putting, damn that fucking movie.

How do the coffee shops work, do they sell pre-rolled joins? Or can i buy bud from them and papers to roll with/do they also offer glass pieces to smoke from?

I wouldn't mind trying shrooms while I'm over there, as I've heard most coffee shops have them...would this be a good idea, or best to stick with mj?
    (Not sure if I'm allowed to mention that here...if not I'll delete it).

4. Your better off in a hostel to save money imo, I think you can get a room for two in a hostel and yeah I think 300 is fine, you'll prolly have some over at the end of the 3 days.

Your allowed to sit in a coffeeshop/cafe allday as long as you keep buying drinks/food/weed etc. If you just hangout and don't buy nothing they will tell you that must buy something or leave. And about smoking in public, you can smoke wherever you want man:smoking: There are some cities in the netherlands where you get a fine to smoke cannabis in public but Amsterdam isn't one of those:)

They sell pre-rolled joints... DO NOT BUY THEM MAN!! they usually have old weed in em and 80% tobacco:( Your better off just buying bud and rolling yourself, most coffeeshops have free papers and you could buy a pack there too if you want. Most coffeeshops do have glass pieces and vapes for customers, they usualy have a down-payment of 10EU incase you break it

Actually since 2008, shrooms are illegal in the netherlands, cause some french chick took em with weed and alcohol and jumped off a bridge to a highway and died. You can only buy growkits of mushrooms legally.You can still buy truffles tho, its another form of shroom that is still legal(loophole detected lol:D) and it has the same effect. You can get those at any smartshop(these are shops that sell psychedelics etc).

Hope this helped:D enjoy your stay

5. Completely up to you with truffles. As theres only 2 of you I'd maybe avoid it as its always good to have someone who isnt on them to make sure you dont do something stupid. Maybe a few hits of salvia would be better if you want to trip out a little bit as it only lasts short periods. You could take it in turns. Ive never bought a pre rolled joint out there as i prefer rolling my own. Most of the coffee shops have glass that you can use and they will sell papers and usually theres free roach cards at the counter. Also make sure u take ID with you as you will probably be asked for proof of age in each coffee shop.

6. #6 dave09a, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
    I spent 300 in three days.
    Id have brought more if I could but, I also went to the zoo, ate 'truffles' (23euro was for 2 people 25grams)
    Literally smoked fucktons though.
    Make sure you bring ID with you everywhere. Also Id recommend you first visit Voyagers or Central Coffeeshop as you'll be eager to get to a coffeshop when you arrive in central station and they are the closest and easiest to find :)

Some pictures from my trip.

Also Id recommend you visit AnyDays it has a great broad menu and upstairs they have some really nice vaporizers (Devampers to be exact in brand).

Edit: Between me and my girlfriend our last ten euro got spent on Big Buddah Cheese, it was literally change we were handing over xD
    Now Im not saying 300 isn't enough, im saying we did go over board as we both smoked in excess of one metric fuckton of ganj we both had around 300-320 going over but as I said we did go to the zoo. . . we didn't just sit in coffeeshops and smoke weed . . . we also did that in the zoo :)

7. damn. sounds so fun.. i wish me and my girlfriend had the money to go do that right now.

8. What hotel did you stay in, looking at your pictures I can see you were able to roll up in there, I'm assuming you could smoke in there too?
    This will be a make or break for a hotel we're looking for, we need to be able to smoke in our room lol.

9. #9 KushAndChips, Dec 17, 2012

Cafes are generally open till 1am.
    Depending on the strain Q's will be around 50euro. So £45 ish.
    You cannot smoke in public, like out and about in the centre of Amsterdam, but take yourself off to the park and you can smoke without any hassle.
    Make sure you do venture out and see some of the city it is a beautiful place
    You are not allowed to smoke anywhere which is 'public' so hotels etc are out of the question. Hostels will allow you to smoke in common areas (some hostels check the rules). But Amsterdam is not a free for all smoke weed everywhere and anywhere, you generally have to be in a cafe or hidden from the law. You will be challenged if you are smoking in public, just be respectful, just because it's legal doesn't mean everyone wants to be inhaling your smoke.

Anymore feel free to ask.

10. That's awesome dude I'm making the trek out the amsterdam from Australia and the rest is Europe in february I can't wait to finally smoke in a coffee shop haha

11. #11 dave09a, Dec 17, 2012
    I stayed in a hotel which I wouldn't recommend, purely as its location. It was the Hotel Bastion Noord, it is on the north side of the river so you need to get a decent grasp of the public transport system.
    When I was their had no grasp of it (at first) so in our warped states myself and my girlfriend walked to the train station and found a BOAT! We got a boat to the far side of the river then walked to the hotel in the rain just smoking reefers :p

Next day we got the bus into town, the far more mundane option. Was a weird experience getting a little ferry to the far side of the river.

Side note: We weren't allowed smoke ganj in the hotel, but I wanted to anyway so I ensured we got a 'smoking room' which allowed for cigs so I just aired the room out on the last day to get rid of the smell.

If I had to recommend a hotel Id recommend the St. Christopher, has a ganj friendly smoking room in it and most of my friends stayed there on their visits.

12. I thought they banned smoking indoors all together. ive heard that u cant get weed anymore unless u can prove your a citizen of dam. last time i was there they were building smoke shelters outside some cafes. Was planning my reg trip down in feb but with all this new law im not bothering, Has noone else heard this?

13. You are well behind the times friend. This was agreed in principle a few months ago, however they have backtracked and scrapped any plans for this. Amsterdam remains as free as a bird. You should probably research more before you cancel trips in future!

14. Just read up on it. Its in april when i normally book to go dam in feb. knowing my luck if i had of booked it that law would of come in.

15. Well, you can still go now at least!

16. Dam is awesome. dont buy the joints only buy the weed .dont go to a sex show there a rip off. if your in a hotel they normally do travel passes for the trams and that which are really cheap and well worth it. The red light district is a real eye opener and a great night out. The sex museum is cheap and could kill a few hours. Dam square is full of them people that look like statues good fun when your stoned.
    Everybody should go to dam at least once in their life. Youll enjoy it

17. The law as it stands says that each city municipality can choose wither or not to allow tourists to buy cannabis. For instance Maastricht has banned tourists from buying weed.

But don't let this frighten you, the city of Amsterdam within Holland is one of the most liberal there and the major highly values the additional income this tourism brings.

18. Thanks for all the replies. Really appreciated.

Can anyone recommend anywhere to stay, as we're having second thoughts on our hotel now (can cancel this)...there's 2 of us going, both guys, and we just somewhere that's primarily cheap, but private (we'd prefer to be able to chill and smoke in our own room...just wouldn't feel as comfortable with randoms about). I've heard good thinks about the Bulldog Hostel..however, from what I can see, the pricing is quite high...like, €80 per person per night..(from what I understood off their site)..dayum..

19. Send me a PM.

20. Hi guys, just another question. Would €350 be enough for 3 days, for weed, and food?