Taking a shot and asking..

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by tightchest, Jan 3, 2010.

1. This probably isnt the best forum for this post but I figure theres gotta be a few people on here that know their way around a computer,

So I was wondering if there is a way, preferably without downloading some program, that I can get songs that are on my ipod onto my current itunes. See I got my itouch "jailbreaked" (jailbroken?) and if I see something good on someone elses itunes, I take it. But I just got a new laptop and now I got nothing on my itunes.

Also looking for a way to convert mp3's to a video file format; .mp3, .avi etc.

Thanks!1!!one

2. wish i could help but.... i cant good luck gettin an answer :D

3. This will shed some light on your situation.

Also, you might want to ask one of mods to move this to The Silicon (V)ally.

4. I used a program called "ephPod" or something like that, it copies the songs off your iPod into a folder and then i put them into itunes.

5. What type of shot did you drink before asking this question :p

6. Here’s how:

1. Connect your iPod — Warning! if iTunes loads when you plug in your iPod, and is set to automatically sync your entire library (erasing your iPod), you MUST stop it — hit the little “X” in the upper right hand corner of the window.
    2. Open your iPod — It should show up on “My Computer” as a “Mobile Device”; right click and choose “Explore”. Alternatively, go to the Control Panel, Portable Media Devices, and double-click your iPod.
    3. Unhide the files — By default, Windows hides hidden files and folders (thus the name). Go to Options (in the Tools menu), and on the View tab, check “Show Hidden Files and Folders”.
    4. Find the Music — The music is stored (in current iPods) in the directory “\iPod_Control\Music”. This may have a lot of odd looking stuff in it — it doesn’t matter; select everything and drag and drop them to a folder on your hard drive.
    5. Configure iTunes — Go into iTunes Preferences, and under the Advanced tab, check “Keep iTunes Music Folder Organized” and “Copy files to iTunes Music Folder when adding to the library” (settings move around a bit between versions of iTunes, but these settings will be there somewhere).
    6. Add Your Files — In iTunes, select File, Add Folder to Library, and select the folder where you copied the files from your iPod. Alternatively, just drag and drop this folder onto iTunes

(copied from some http://www.metaphoriclabs.com/articles/5-ways-to-copy-music-off-your-ipod-windows-mac-os-x/)

its easy man no need for programs.

7. If you have a flash drive just transfer the music that way. and if you don't know how to get the music onto itunes just put the music into the music folder on your computer then on itunes go to File>add folder to library

8. i use ipod liberator... their free version lets u take off 5 songs at a time. its not bad.

9. this doesn't work for windows 7.

i also tried using ephpod and that only does 100 songs. wtf. this other one only does ONE song at a time. i got 775 to transfer and that's not even a lot...

anybody know any free programs to do this?

10. [​IMG]