Taking 4-5 edible cookies through airport security?

Discussion in 'General' started by PrinceOfTheCity, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Like others have said, don't do it. Not worth the risk bruh. If you get caught you're extra fucked as they will want to make an example out of you. My cousin had a piece of fruit in her purse and a police dog came straight up to her sniffin her bag. Damn bitch...the dog not my cousin :D

2. ahahaha this has me laughing

3. People in here don't know what they are talking about. 

You can bring food on the plain as long as it isn't excessively liquidy & its wrapped up. So you'll be fine with cookies. What i suggest you do is make a sandwhich. Bring that in a ziplock bag, along with chips, an apple, and your cookies. Will look like its just your lunch.

Worst comes to worst they'll tell you that you can't bring them on plane. Doubt that will happen though since you are allowed to bring food.

4. where you going friend

5. & lol @ make an example out of you. Bro if they found out they were weed cookies (which they most likely will not) they will most likely decline to prosecute. Federal prosecutors don't file charges for weed cookies lol. Thats a waste of cash.

Laws are in place to stop people from smuggling large amounts of drugs/weapons across state lines. Not to stop casual weed users. 

the city of angels, and mission viejoooo!

I have a medical card here, I'm thinking of having it in my backpack, then again I don't want my parents seeing it lol. I'll probably just take 5 of the cookies put them in a plastic container, in my backpack and go with it.

7. Riiiight because no one has ever been fucked with by the police over small quantities of weed. And just because charges arent made doesn't mean they wont make an example out of you. You think if they find shit on you at security check in front of 100 other people they wouldn't at least detain and question you for a bit? Resulting in you possibly missing your flight. Yea listen to this guy OP and take the chance. If you get caught with your edibles let us know how they just took em from you and said have a nice flight.

8. [quote name="codswallop" post="19209136" timestamp="1387704236"]I think the only way to get edibles though airport security would be to store them in your belly. [/quote]Brought multiple cheeba chews (both the chocolate and gummy kinds, took them out of their wrappers) through LAX in a bag filled with a bunch of other candy. Honestly if the cookies look inconspicuous then why not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk_GEQYgP4s

10. #30 s0mekind, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2013
    [quote name="TheCoolest420" post="19209175" timestamp="1387705333"]People in here don't know what they are talking about. You can bring food on the plain as long as it isn't excessively liquidy & its wrapped up. So you'll be fine with cookies. What i suggest you do is make a sandwhich. Bring that in a ziplock bag, along with chips, an apple, and your cookies. Will look like its just your lunch.Worst comes to worst they'll tell you that you can't bring them on plane. Doubt that will happen though since you are allowed to bring food.[/quote]Exactly. TSA could care less about your edibles, they're looking for more serious things. Like you said, worse that could happen is they ask you to throw them away, which I highly doubt will happen.

11. Lol. First of all op is not talking about weed, he is talking about edibles. Even if they decide he can't bring the cookies on the plane for whatever reason, they'll have no way to prove that the cookies contain thc. Unless they go get them tested in a lab.

And what do they have to question him about? Worst case scenario he gets caught (not gonna happen) he goes to jail for a night, if that, gets out and its all over with. They aren't going to interrogate op about who his cookie dealer is bro. LMAO. 

Yea bro you might miss your flight. But i really doubt that will happen. I have traveled with edibles. I know people who travel between the west and east coast with bud. They aren't looking to stop casual users. You know the risks, do what you gotta do.

12. Yea i can read thanks. So what if they cant prove they have thc in em. Makes no difference. You ever dealt with police before? Doesn't sound like it. How do they know he doesn't have other drugs in his checked luggage for instance. They could pull his bags and check those which would just waste more of his time. Police play the go-around just to see what more they can get out of you and make your ass sit around forever for no reason just to be dicks.

13. Only two reason I can give for it being a bad idea to try, 1. If there are drug sniffing dogs at the airport. 2, If you are generally a nervous person. 

14. Exactly. A dog trained to sniff out only drugs is going to put you on blast. You're not going to just casually walk away from that situation.

15. Not only would the dog notice, the airport security would, and so would everyone around you. 

16. Sorry for the double post the GC app isn't letting me edit but are you flying domestic or international? Someone correct me if I'm wrong and they changed the laws but you cant bring food on international flights. TSA made my cousin throw away her banana when we returned from Europe.

17. [quote name="PrinceOfTheCity" post="19209046" timestamp="1387702155"]Any blades have experience with packing a few edibles in like a plastic container tupperware type and going through airport security? Should be fine right? [/quote]Nothing goes in unless its sealed, my brother was in between flights in Phoenix and he bought a soda right in front of a guard and went to smoke a cig. He wasnt allowed to bring the soda back in and they threw it away without letting him drink any more. It has to be in the packaging that it is sold in. (That's what I was told)

18. Loled. First of all yes i have dealt with cops before. Probably  A LOT more than you have. 

Second of all do you travel frequently? When was the last time you took a domestic flight? Was there drug dogs everywhere? Not likely.

The flight is DOMESTIC. They are not searching for drugs in the first place.

And if they were? (they are NOT) A drug dog will not be set off by the smell of edibles. Especially not dispensary quality edibles which are usually made with hash and have no real weed smell to them at all.

Everytime i take a flight? Smoke a blunt before i get in the airport. Actually i break up my weed, roll a blunt, probably have bits of weed all in my clothes, resin all over my fingers, and weed all on my breath. Then go in the airport and hop on the plane. Not once have i been detained. 

Worst case scenario? They tell op he can't bring food on the plane/cookies on the plane for whatever reason. Op eats them/throws them away. End of story.

In the end its op decision. Me?  I'm speaking from experience, as are others in this thread. Sounds to me like you don't have any experience in this area. I know in school they teach you drugs are bad and the government is ALMIGHTY POWERFUL!!!!!!! But thats bs. This is real life. And in real life the government doesn't give a fuck about you, or your weed cookies. And if by some stroke of horrible luck there is drug dogs, and they do sniff out the thc, and op does get detained? Case will be thrown out. Idk if you have ever been to jail, doesn't really sound like it, but being detained at the airport is JUST AS BORING as being held in a cell at the station until they take you to get booked. If op gets caught (doubt it) either way he will do a day in jail, if that. A prosecutor isn't gonna go out of his way to file charges on a medical patient for trying to fly with cookies. Do you realize how much it costs to prosecute a federal case? I know felons who have violated there probation by being caught with firearms, did the time in county, got out and the feds never picked up the case. Why not? Because it costs a helluva lot of money for the feds to bring a case on your ass. So when they do come after you your either a top level guy, or you did something really fucked up. They go after career criminals in hopes of convincing them to snitch on there bosses. Not kids with cookies.

In the end its OPS DECISION. I have provided him with my experience. You provided him with yours. Hes gonna do whatever the fuck he feels the need to do. So stop arguing about it. Ops a big boy.

19. ...because it was a drink. Can't bring and liquids on plane bro. You are allowed to bring sandwiches/wrapped dry snacks.

20. #40 Slick_Rick, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2013
    [quote name="TheCoolest420" post="19209277" timestamp="1387709099"]...because it was a drink. Can't bring and liquids on plane bro. You are allowed to bring sandwiches/wrapped dry snacks.[/quote]Shiiiiiit my bad haha. Last time I was on a plane was 7th grade.Edit: since dude said you can wrap them up. You should individually wrap them OP like how they sell them in the store, maybe it would pass... Idk just spitballing here