Take the Money and Run. How would you steal?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tonyizzle, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Give it someone but plant a tracking device on them. Warn that person that you know where they are at all times but tell them that if the game is won they can have a generous portion of the prize.

Wait a minute...OP are you one of the investigators trying to figure out the good ideas? :devious::laughing:

2. I would get dropped of with my partner at the bus station and take it somewhere since there's no receipt for it and they couldn't use the GPS anymore.

3. This is a very interesting concept. I would have to I'd:
    -get into a car and get outta the city FAST.
    -kill camera crew
    -blaze in Costa Rica never to return to the US

I really don't know what I'd do.

4. so they know where im driving? so i take a taxi and go somewhere ... the idea with the bank is pretty nice :D

5. I would think that in 48hrs they would have been to the banks asking about large deposits etc. Maybe even new lockboxes. just my 2cents

6. this actually seems pretty easy to be honest.

either:
    give it to a trusted friend to deposit into a bank (or divide it between a number of trusted people and they can make smaller deposits of the 100K)

mail it out of the country (if you had the means and knew someone overseas)

take it out of the country yourself (piece of cake...get $...get the next flight out, call and laugh in 48 hrs)

taking it to your house would be a bad idea...so would having a family member hold it.

i wouldn't use the phone or rack up any bills (that involve receipts) during that hour unless it was a devised plan to throw off investigators. Like most i'd do is go to walmart...buy shovels and things to make it appear im gonna bury the $...drive to the woods...make a call from that location (to lead them there) then id dig several holes (as many as i could in that time)....and cover them all up...

this way it'll give them the idea that its there somewhere and that i dug several holes to confuse them...

hopefully it would take them most of the 2 days to comb the area and dig up all that dirt again.

;)

7. Put it in a garbage bag attach it to a rope and the rope to something that floats

8. Attach the brief case to the bottom of your vehicle, thats the last place they would look

9. This, take advantage of the fact you have a partner, and use him as a decoy, since they will be tracking the GPS coordinates. Give him your cell phone so that your untraceable.(risky because you can't contact him remotely now)

Have your buddy lead the investigators on a wild goose chase for an hour while you tuck the briefcase into a discreet spot outdoors(possibly bury it). Come back 48 hours later for profit.:D

10. #30 Streetlight545, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011
    I would have one person drive to the other side of town and park in some sketchy place and then I would put it in a garbage bag and toss it in a sewer.

11. Kill the camera men, and run like hell. Get out of the country for a while.

12. Set up fake leads. I'd drive everywhere and leave it parked for 15 minutes at different places. call everybody in my phone and be like "yo, I got this case, can you hold it for me?". Then probably just hide it somewhere on foot.. Not sure where though, shouldn't be too hard figuring it out.

13. I would hide it in a police station. They would never find it there.

14. I just watched an episode earlier today. That show is complete garbage.

15. I watched an episode and I thought it was a little weird.
    First of all it was supposed to be these two peopl hiding it vs two investigators.
    However the investigators didn't do anything really. They found out now info at all that proved useful. They got help from interrogators and they did allthe work. I thought that was unfair.

Second as last I guess, the episode I saw the guy confessed and told them where it was just so he could get out the holding cell like 15 hours early. I get thats a long time but come on. There was so much money on the line. You couldn't stick it out for two days.

16. I would get out of the car at a red light and catch a bus. Take the bus to some remote location. Go and hide breifcase in said remote location and take the next bus back to my partner who has driving in circles and then make some phone calls back and forth to waste time.

17. Get two cheap phones, and use those to contact each other, or borrow two relatives mobiles, with the promise of some bucks if you win.

18. yeah i kinda felt like the interrogators should have gotten a cut of the money too.

19. take the money out of the briefcase zing the briefcase into the woods and put the money in a safety deposit box

20. Am I the only one that thinks this is really dumb? Take the briefcase, hop on a bike and ride to some random alley somewhere and stash it under a dumpster. How fuckin' hard could it be..